New Heresy IV mid horn and driver?

absolve2525

On 1/28/2020 at 1:42 AM, glens said:

I'm sure they'd interchange just fine if need be, but the taper/profile of the narrow sides sure looks a bit different.

Not in person?

In some photos of the older molds you can actually see where they filled in the notch/cutout for the woofer...

2510.JPG.73f8dd09da88a38b206114009c19af9d.JPG

P.Audio also makes the horn lense for the K107Ti/K100Ti/K771

image.thumb.png.fd9bf9202f4b4d8c0252990e5ebb73d0.png

They also supply several drivers such as the K68A/K701G/K71G used in the Reference & KP/KPT lines, the K70G used in the FIII & various KI/KPT models and the K69A used in various KPT models...

• Like 2

I bought PHT-409 / Monacor MHD-190 to mount a B&C DE120 and replace the K107Ti of my CWIII, because the horn is the same

Note : Here in Europe we don't have DaveA 😪 and his superb Mahl 😍 so we tinker 😜

MHD-190 VS K107ti

xr4m.jpg

MHD-190 with B&C DE120 on my CWIII, after removal of the diffraction piece

u9an.jpg

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

I bought PHT-409 / Monacor MHD-190 to mount a B&C DE120 and replace the K107Ti of my CWIII, because the horn is the same

u9an.jpg

I saw your thread about that! I've been wanting to design an adapter that could be 3D printed to more-or-less to the same thing! I have had ZERO time to try and tackle that idea though...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 3:11 PM, Randyh said:

were you aware if the Celestion midrange driver in the CW4  is 8   OHMS -

I do not recall hearing/seeing anyone confirm it but it would make the most sense for it to be 8ohm...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2020 at 12:27 PM, mustang_flht said:

Note : Here in Europe we don't have DaveA 😪 and his superb Mahl 😍 so we tinker 😜

MHD-190 VS K107ti

xr4m.jpg

u9an.jpg

:)

are you saying that a PHT-409 / Monacor  horn can mount a B&C DE120  with ease , or is there any further  fitting needed --- tx

On 6/10/2020 at 2:10 AM, RandyH said:

are you saying that a PHT-409 / Monacor  horn can mount a B&C DE120  with ease , or is there any further  fitting needed --- tx

hi,

No fitting necessary, you just have to tinker with the existing one.

For the B&C DE120, I adapted the PHT-409 plate by making lateral reservations for the screws on a Ø57mm circle, the plate and the counter plate are approximately Ø56mm on PHT-409. Since there are three screws, the assembly fits perfectly with screws and washers. In addition I was able to center the 1 "driver exactly on the 1" hole in the counter plate, it's perfect. On the backplate there was a central diffuser, I removed it with a small grinding wheel on a Dremel, then I sanded with abrasive sandpaper for a homogeneous surface and the same roughness, the whole a once mounted seems original seen from the outside on the front side of the speaker.

24fz.jpg

ty1f.jpg

I put a small washer to make a thickness stop so as not to crush the foam of the DE120 joint too much, then a large washer for fixing and tightening on the counter plate, and finally a lock nut for tightening, because the screws I had in my workshop were too long.

Watch my montage here:  

If you are not too handy I think that the assembly of a B&C de110 or 111 is even simpler because they have two screws on a circle of Ø51mm, it will be enough to drill together the two holes in the plate and the counter Ø56mm plate, the holes will be at the edge but it does not matter, because it is necessary to put washers.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:47 AM, ARX said:

Not sure about this one:

492612011_MHD-190VSK107ti_Differences_Small_80.thumb.jpg.8d6c0745efff52a23dd9d681ea4125f7.jpg

Hi,
The PHT-409 and the original Klipsch K107Ti are strictly identical at the level of the connection mouth and the Tractrix horn. There is only the central diffusion piece of the dome which is different, this piece is removable and is not glued to the plastic of the horn.  See my photos

K107Ti Klipsch

o81t.jpg

PAudio PHT-409 / Monacor MHD190

t40s.jpg

Diffusion piece being cut on the backing plate

j9tl.jpg

15 hours ago, mustang_flht said:

If you are not too handy I think that the assembly of a B&C de110 or 111 is even simpler because they have two screws on a circle of Ø51mm, it will be enough to drill together the two holes in the plate and the counter Ø56mm plate, the holes will be at the edge but it does not matter, because it is necessary to put wash

Merci infiniment ,  le resultat est superbe ,  thank you all looks to fit , What is your opinion of the B&C de10 -did you even consider it ---tx

• Like 1

I think the DE 10 has a different (larger) mounting radius. There isn’t enough flange in the lens to work with.

I just tried something similar with a K-107 and K-79/76/75 lens.

The existing three holes in the lens provide the location to ever-so-slightly notch out half a bolts width to line up with the 3-bolt pattern of the DE-120. I used a 1/8” chain saw file, lol.

The three M5 bolts and washers (sold separately) prevent any movement once secured.

2AE433CD-8988-431A-B0FB-DFDCA29FE747.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1