Price of used K-402 horns?

PrestonTom

I have used both the 2445 and the 2446. I like them both. I think stock OEM ones are fine

You can upgrade to a Truexent diaphragm for about $900 (if the Beryllium diaphragm is important to you) or for about $ 90 you can get an aquaplas coated diaphragm (not as much HF extension, but a nice smooth response)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Mine were sold when I sold my Jubilees. 

That sounds like a high price, but when making a comparison you also need to look at shipping and whether taxes are included (of course).

When I got mine many years ago, I was steered to American Cinema Equipment (talk to Spencer). ACE has sold a good number of these and will understand what the SKU is for this combination.  

BTW, since Klipsch does not like selling parts to DIYer, it is possible that none of the vendors will actually be able to complete the transaction for you.

Good luck,

-Tom

On 2/14/2022 at 12:55 PM, PrestonTom said:

BTW, since Klipsch does not like selling parts to DIYer, it is possible that none of the vendors will actually be able to complete the transaction for you.

You can buy new complete sets all day long but no parts unless you have a set with serial numbers and are replacing an existing broken part. Something to consider here if you want a set with 1132 drivers. I have had old 1132 drivers with the old style phase plug and the new style phase plug. If I were to build a new two way system requiring 402's I would buy new and not hunt for old. The difference in sound quality between old 1132 phase plugs and new ones is pretty significant and you will only get those new phase plugs by buying new.

5 minutes ago, Dave A said:

You can buy new complete sets all day long but no parts unless you have a set with serial numbers and are replacing an existing broken part. Something to consider here if you want a set with 1132 drivers. I have had old 1132 drivers with the old style phase plug and the new style phase plug. If I were to build a new two way system requiring 402's I would buy new and not hunt for old. The difference in sound quality between old 1132 phase plugs and new ones is pretty significant and you will only get those new phase plugs by buying new.

Of course things may have changed over the years, but when I purchased my K-402 set (horns, drivers & stands as a package) I believe the purchase required an "okay" from Hope.

As Dave stated if a DIYer is just buying the pieces (eg. horns alone) then it will not happen.