Klipsch and Denon - the best solution?

LuckyOne

Hey,

So I am a complete beginner here, looking for advice. :) I have Denon 1600h receiver and I am looking for Klipsch speakers to pair it up with. As this is a 7.2ch receiver, I will gradually build the whole system, but currently I am looking for bookshelf speakers to start with. I am thinking about Klipsch r-51-m OR rp-500M. Does it make any sense? Which one would be better? What should I consider? Or would you suggest something completely different?

I have a turntable and would mostly use the speakers to listen to music, but I also watch Netflix, etc. 

On 12/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, LuckyOne said:

Hey,

So I am a complete beginner here, looking for advice. :) I have Denon 1600h receiver and I am looking for Klipsch speakers to pair it up with. As this is a 7.2ch receiver, I will gradually build the whole system, but currently I am looking for bookshelf speakers to start with. I am thinking about Klipsch r-51-m OR rp-500M. Does it make any sense? Which one would be better? What should I consider? Or would you suggest something completely different?

I have a turntable and would mostly use the speakers to listen to music, but I also watch Netflix, etc. 

Take your amp to a Klipsch dealer and listen to a few different speakers. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Generally speaking, personally, I don't like using multi-channel AV receivers for music. They always seem to be adding some sort of processing to the signal path and the so-called "pure audio" (if the receiver has it) almost never is as good as a regular 2-channel amp. Think about it. There's so much "stuff" on these modern receivers. And at the price point these products shoot for, there's going to be compromises, especially when it comes to just music.

FWIW I never listen to music on the HT system, other than FM or streaming radio as background music.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2023 at 7:04 AM, Davidstoryman said:

Hello - if there was ever a nivice at this hi-fi world it’s me.

i have a a new Denon PMA 600NE and i have Klypsch R 51RM speakers and i cannot get the right speaker to work 

did i really mess up getting these speakers?

Double check connections, switch left and right, verify source. Did you buy the 51rm new??

On 2/15/2023 at 6:04 AM, Davidstoryman said:

Hello - if there was ever a nivice at this hi-fi world it’s me.

i have a a new Denon PMA 600NE and i have Klypsch R 51RM speakers and i cannot get the right speaker to work 

did i really mess up getting these speakers?

Check your speaker model, there’s no such thing as an R 51RM.