Rf 82ii Upgrade ability?

1MIND

Hello everyone, I recently upgrade my Rf-82ii to the Rp-8000f. I would very much like to upgrade the Rf-82ii's internals . Do any crossover kits exist or schematics?. Would love to replace the horn tweeter with something like the Rp8000's. The horn tweeter on my Rf-82ii is a bit brash and I can hear it breaking up on certain music passages (not high volume). I live out of the U.S and speakers are Heavily Taxed as well as the shipping ,so to relegate them to the attic is painful. 

Any suggestion would greatly be appreciated.

Ps. The stock Xovers  do seem a bit wimpy in comparison to what you guys put together on here.

A simple answer:  no.

Unless you already own RP-8000s and would need something replaced under warranty Klipsch won't just sell you all the components to make your older speakers into new ones.

You would be much better off selling your RF-82s and putting the $$ toward the RP-8000s.

I do own the RP-8000 as of about Three weeks ago. I have seen many mods for better than stock crossovers ( for other speakers) . Hasnt anybody done mods on these speakers(RF-82ii) ? a few people have spoke of the tweeter being a little Harsh , so was hoping for some aleady tried mods or upgrade kits.

If you can get your hands on a measurement mic and measure the drivers in the enclosure without crossovers then you can post the measured response and you can get help here to address the top end balance.

I had similar issues with my KG 5.5's so you may get some ideas looking at what I did there.

Good luck and enjoy!