Best amp/s for Klipsch 8000f speakers?

Scott Bronson Jr.

I currently have a Marantz 7008 AVR running my Klipsch RP8000f’s, RP450C, RP502S, and RP500A speakers and I am looking to add an external amp to get more quality and performance out of my speakers. I am also running two SVS PB2000 subs and one Klipsch R112SW. I listen to music & home theatre equally. My budget is around $1,500.00. I’m considering the Emotiva xpa3 gen3 amp which is a 3 channel amp that would deliver 275 watts rms to my left, center,  and right channels and the Marantz would run the rest. I was also considering an Outlaw 5000 but I like the power rating and damping factor of the Emotiva better. Which amps are you guys using? Which way should I go? 3 channel with more watts or a 5 channel amp with less watts or a 7 channel amp with less watts? Any input is appreciated! 

• Like 1

You would be totally fine with adding an XPA-3 into the mix. That beastly amp would relieve a good amount of stress off your Marantz. This would give the 3 most important speakers plenty of power to go as loud as you most likely ever want.

The Outlaw would also be a great choice but I like the additional power the Emotiva offers and your a Marantz should have more than enough power to drive the remaining channels.

I have owned a few Outlaw and Emotiva amplifiers over the years and they make very fine products. With that said, if I were amp shopping and had a bigger room, I’d probably get this amp, with your budget:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15593

Then you would have the Equivalent power/channels to an Emotiva XPA-5 for less money. The Monoprice products have been getting rave reviews lately and seem to be A $/Performance top pick. 

Whichever amp you get, I suggest a 5-channel.  There are a couple of reasons for that, the bottom line being versatility.

You can use all five channels for five speakers.  You can run three speakers and bi-amp.  You can run it as I do with three channels used which gives you some reserve power for headroom.

I use an Emotiva XPA-5 gen1 in 3-channel mode, 2 channels are un-used.  I can get 200 wpc using all five channels or 250 wpc using 3-channels.  I like the extra power for my power hungry CF-4's.

921994760_CheapThrillonCF-4small.thumb.jpg.8defb546685cf7a984aec0bf24939d08.jpg