From Heresy III to IV price increase 33%

MeloManiac

On 12/30/2019 at 4:28 AM, ILI said:

An official European Klipsch dealer starts selling Heresy IV at €2,999

Haha ... checked and it is for a PAIR ... $3350, which is "only" about 10% more than the US price ($1500 each). Not too bad :)  Of course in Belgium/Europe they have this famous VAT (value added tax), so add another 15-20% :(  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

a Heresy III is a much better deal  , plus if you add the rebates that  are currently being offered ,    I would go for a H3 rather than a H4 ,

I'm the OP. I contacted the shop for clarification concerning the prices on their website, because it was a  bit confusing. All prices are for a pair of Heresy speakers.

• €2,599 for a set of Heresy III special edition (some weeks ago you could buy a standard pair of HIII for €1,995)
  • €2,999 for a set of Heresy IV (which is a discount price, the suggested retail price being €3,799

HIII are no longer listed at that particular vendor, but they can be found in France, for instance, for €1,980. Here in Europe, there are no special rebates, as far as I'm aware of.

These prices comprise VAT (taxes, mostly 21%), delivery costs and two (minimal legal requirement)  up to five years of warranty.

image.thumb.png.6e0c5f49483c6650b62058dff8cad7e2.png

• Like 1

After reading through all the posts above, my conclusion is that the HIV is quite a different speaker compared to its predecessor: slightly bigger in size, new drivers, new design. Nobody mentioned the crossovers, but I bet these are redesigned too, with more expensive parts and better caps etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Haha ... checked and it is for a PAIR ... $3350, which is "only" about 10% more than the US price ($1500 each). Not too bad :)  Of course in Belgium/Europe they have this famous VAT (value added tax), so add another 15-20% :(  

Consumer website shops always list the price with the VAT already included (mostly 21%) in Europe. Wholesale websites list prices with and without taxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Technically they only went up about 15% with the new models.  The Heresy 3's have been $2,600 since probably May.  May have went up to 2400 then 2600, can't remember.  Klipsch just dropped MAP pricing on H3's so you will probably see some for cheaper but yeah as of just a few days ago the Heresy 3's officially were $2,600 USD.  

On 1/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, jjptkd said:

<snip>

and improved steep slope crossover design

<snip>

1 hour ago, ILI said:

After reading through all the posts above, my conclusion is that the HIV is quite a different speaker compared to its predecessor: slightly bigger in size, new drivers, new design. Nobody mentioned the crossovers, but I bet these are redesigned too, with more expensive parts and better caps etc.

It was mentioned, but could be easily missed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ILI said:

The woofer is the same as the H3. The Tractix mid and the tweeter are different as is the xover. I'd have to hear them before I sold my H3's. The proof is in listening. I'm sure they are improved, but will they sound better in my room? Hmmm... 

I bought Heresy I's HBR in 1977. The dealer had a one year trade in policy with 100% of the purchase price credited to and upgrade. I traded them in for HBR La Scalas.

I spent countless hours with Tung oil and steel wool. 25+ coats of Tung oil on Baltic Birch.  Kept them for 23 years. Present room dictates Heresy sized speakers.

H4 port.jpg

• Like 2