Streaming You Tube TV to a two channel receiver?

RLink

Good afternoon.  I have a two channel Pioneer Elite SX A9MK2 stereo receiver.  When I had cable, I was able to listen to the TV through my speakers utilizing the Auxilary input and running RCA cables to the cable box.   Well I just got rid of cable and now have YouTube TV, Pandora and others and tried connecting RCA cables on the back of my Sony TV directly to the Receiver Auxilary and get no sound on the speakers.  I get it on the TV but no longer through the speakers.   This receiver has all analog inputs, no HDMI or Optical cable capability, everything is via RCA cables.

Any assistance is appreciated..............Thanks.

IMG_20180629_150921949.jpg

Hello. Make sure the rca jacks on the back of the Sony are indeed "output" terminals and not input. Like in your owners manual or verify on line.

Second is look in the Sony tv menu via the remote and see if there is a selection to turn on the rca outputs. May be a selection for external sound + tv speakers, or just external speakers.

If you post your Sony model #, we can look up your manual on line.

I changed the Sony Settings menu to "External Speakers" and that didn't work.  It made the TV sound fixed but no sound out of speakers.

I have the Sony XBR 850B model and just checked the manual.  Hard to read but I believe it says IN where I had the RCA cables.  Didn't see anything about turning on RCA outputs.

YUK!

15 minutes ago, RLink said:

I changed the Sony Settings menu to "External Speakers" and that didn't work.  It made the TV sound fixed but no sound out of speakers.

I have the Sony XBR 850B model and just checked the manual.  Hard to read but I believe it says IN where I had the RCA cables.  Didn't see anything about turning on RCA outputs.

YUK!

Is there a 3.5mm headphone jack. That will work if you get the right cable with 3.5 male to two RCA. They are easy to find

just looked at the manual and it appears it does have a 3.5mm audio out 

1 minute ago, MookieStl said:

Is there a 3.5mm headphone jack. That will work if you get the right cable with 3.5 male to two RCA. They are easy to find

This is the easiest solution. Plug the 1/8" end into the headphone output jack on the back of the TV.

Another method is to run a Toslink optical cable from the TV into an inexpensive optical to analog converter, and connect the RCA wires from that into your receiver.

17 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

just looked at the manual and it appears it does have a 3.5mm audio out 

Bingo, this ↑  is what it recommends in your manual. page 109

your sony product manual: https://docs.sony.com/release/xbr-65x850b_55x850b_49x850b_i-manual_bravia_i-manual_na_en.pdf