Budget set of Klipsch for McIntosh mc60 and marantz 9 tube amps

Chessapks

I own both McIntosh mc60 and marantz 9 tube amps. I am trying to decide on a budget set of Klipsch either r-620f or rp-4000f to pair with them.

The amps are each 60-70 watt max output per channel.

I know I'll hear that I should be looking at expensive speakers to pair with these but I want Klipsch floor standing model and want to keep cost below 400 each.

Any thoughts about these two models matching with these amps? 

• Like 1

Welcome, am sure those 2 models would work with your amp but, maybe you should try to pair them with used/new or b- stock speakers. Open box, or other deals where the speakers are larger or more bang for the buck. Your 800  may nab you many different floorstanding Klipsch. More research maybe called for. Let us know what you think... 

17 hours ago, Chessapks said:

I own both McIntosh mc60 and marantz 9 tube amps. I am trying to decide on a budget set of Klipsch either r-620f or rp-4000f to pair with them.

The amps are each 60-70 watt max output per channel.

I know I'll hear that I should be looking at expensive speakers to pair with these but I want Klipsch floor standing model and want to keep cost below 400 each.

Any thoughts about these two models matching with these amps? 

If looking for new, wow about the RP600 and a sub?

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-klipsch-reference-premiere-600m-is-the-audiophiliac-speaker-of-the-year/

Or the RP 5000f?

https://www.cnet.com/news/klipsch-rp-5000f-a-tower-speaker-to-be-reckoned-with/

Great suggestions.

The reason I was hesitant against speakers that were rated above 100w is that I always heard that , for example, if you pair a 60w amp with 150w or 200w continuous rated speakers, the amp won't really drive them correctly.

Is that not really accurate? Would the 82-ii at 150w really pair well with 60-70w amp?

Between the 82-ii and 5000f, which is best and-or best value?

Edited by Chessapks
Clarity

The 82 which I was thinking about but didn't say suggested above is a decent deal. The others you mention in the Premiere line do not have the 8 inch drivers of the RF-82. Bigger with Klipsch typically better. Check out the new Premiere line for size of drivers.

The Reference (R) designation is generally preferred over the newer line .And, for the price shipped for new speakers, the RF-82's are Abit of a screaming deal.

As for the power, your 2 tube amps have enough power to drive them to your satisfaction for general home use, imo. Typically, Klipsch speakers are efficient enough compared to some other brands, making them easier to drive than some of the less efficient speakers.

At the end of the day, your decision but I agree on these with, an above member at least as far as a decent price.

Solicit other opinions please.

I have to ask....are these for a "secondary" listening area, or a bedroom.....With those two amps, is this a budget issue, space issue, WAF issue, or Yes, (all of the above) issue?  Find a decent set of La Scalas, do a bit of work on them, and be happy for a long, long time.......

It is mostly a budget issue but space is important to me.  I dont want anything too big, but do want floor standing.  It is a modest living room area, and the height of the 82-ii is the max that I would want. 

These will only be used for playing music, and mostly at lower volumes -- I seldom play anything loud.

Right now the 82-ii look the best for my needs and price point, so I thank you all for that suggestion.  That said, the price that I can get the R-26F for is super-tempting and almost a no-brainer, but surely I would eventually want something better so it is probably shortsighted.  If I could find a coupon to sweeten the deals....