WTB Emotiva XPA 7 (preferably) or 5 Gen 2

Matrixx9

The Emotiva Lounge forum has those for sale occasionally. They usually don't last long. Actually Ebay is a good source for used Emo gear, might find one close to home. If you can't find any used Emo gear, Tim @teaman has all of it! The XPA-7 Gen3 is pretty price, and I've heard the Gen2 stuff is better anyway. If I hear of one, I'll let you know....good luck.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The Emotiva Lounge forum has those for sale occasionally. They usually don't last long. Actually Ebay is a good source for used Emo gear, might find one close to home. If you can't find any used Emo gear, Tim @teaman has all of it! The XPA-7 Gen3 is pretty price, and I've heard the Gen2 stuff is better anyway. If I hear of one, I'll let you know....good luck.

Thank you Ceptor...you were that good friend that recommended the Gen 2 by the way!!  ;)

The Emotiva lounge. Is that on here or Emotiva site?

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 3:16 PM, Matrixx9 said:

Was trying to get a gen 3 but a good friend on here turned me on to Gen 2. So here I go! :)

I know you mentioned an Emotiva amp, but are you open to other brands? There are quite a few other brands that offer great gear....ATI, Parasound, Anthem, Krell, Marantz, etc...

15 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I know you mentioned an Emotiva amp, but are you open to other brands? There are quite a few other brands that offer great gear....ATI, Parasound, Anthem, Krell, Marantz, etc...

I am absolutely open to something else. Someone suggested Emotiva and I did a lot of research is only reason I said Emotiva. Now I'd take a Krell in a heartbeat but after several of you wonderful guys on here helped me complete my Klipsch 11.2 set I am pretty sure Krell is way way out of my league.  If you have experience with another brand 7 channel amp please ket me know.

1 hour ago, TasDom said:

TasDom thank you for the new link to join. I checked the 2 you sent and the 7 although pretty high sold already. But now I have an additional place to check other than the 3 ceptorman sent me.

Edited by Matrixx9
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

https://www.ebay.com/b/7-Channel-Home-Audio-Power-Amplifiers/14970/bn_42782090

Ebay has quite a few 7 channel amps that are priced well. I love Emotiva, I have a 2 channel one in my system, but some of their used prices are higher than they were at msrp.

Thanks again Ceptor, any thoughts on that 7 Channel Krell you sent?

2 hours ago, Matrixx9 said:

So that is a 6 channel amp? 

1,2,3,4,5 or 6 channel configurations are all possible options. 3 channels and up utilize all internals without waste.

Is it meant for audio only?

It is an amplifier, so yes.

I've only seen odd number amps  to account for the center channel before 

Adding a monoblock amp for the center, to augment a 6 channel amp,  would make for a very nice 7 channel setup. I use the Classe CAV-150 bridged for the front 3 channels giving me 300W/LCR. I have different 7 channel amp powering the 6 remaining channels @200W each. I love the excess.