Dreams of Cornwall’s

Brenda

On Dec 10th 2019 I was medically terminated from Glad Mfg after 28 years of company service. 401k!! My dream of having a pair of Klipsch Heritage Speakers is right there! The Cornwall’s IV! Every one thinks I’m crazy even some of my all knowing music lover friends.  People I share my dream with poo poo it so fast! I’m here seeking shelter from the dream killers! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

I wish I could share my experience of sharing with my neighbor the beautiful experience of Klipsch after years of crappy speakers! I get into talking about Klipsch, some say rather animated! The neighbor started to laugh and said he didn’t have a clue what I was talking about!  I was speechless! I found something he didn’t know more about! Neighbor has a ‘ER’ complex. Better, faster, cheaper, 🤮

52990BEB-7A3E-4F3B-8871-17BA1EAEA3D1.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I 1st was introduced to Klipsch in the 70’s. It has always amazed me that Klipsch deploys such an underwhelming marketing scheme. The general buying public was bowled over with heavily advertised Bose junk product and so much $ has been wasted on truly cheap and lousy sound. Klipsch could have dominated this market and kept the sustained caliber of this industry at a much higher standard. Instead the public got duped by charlatanesque speakers and now lives with a distorted benchmark for quality sound reproduction. Every theatre that uses Klipsch product should feature some audience notification of its application. 

Get your Cornwall’s, flaunt them, enjoy them and do what Klipsch does not do - educate your social circle about quality sound reproduction. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Brenda said:

I wish I could share my experience of sharing with my neighbor the beautiful experience of Klipsch after years of crappy speakers!

It always fun, but there are a few oddballs that just don't get it.

I recognize that license plate, looks good on your truck.:emotion-21:

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Brenda said:

401k!!

Not to butt my nose into your business....  (as I butt my nose into your business!)

If you haven't done it yet, you should move your 401K to an IRA.

If you decide you need "X" dollars out for spending purposes, the 401K is required (by IRS law) to take 20% off the top and send it to them as prepayment towards taxes you may or may not owe.  If you move it (or a portion of it if allowed) to an IRA you are allowed to have as much (or as little) as you wish held back.....you are not required to have the 20%.  You could hold as little as zero.....  or 10% or $100....whatever you want.  It doesn't absolve you of what you owe, it just allows you to better control how it's paid.

If you are (for easy math example) in the 10% tax bracket, why would you want the 10% you owe AND an additional 10%, totaling the 20% to go to the IRS and then ask them to give it back to you next April (2021 since we're in the new year).

Some examples:  If you called 401K and told them you needed $1,000.  First off, they SHOULD then ask "do you want it out of the account, or in your hands???"

None the less, you will receive $800 because they've sent $200 to the IRS.  So, if you want $1,000 "in your hands", you have to take $1,250 out of the account to get the $1,000.

Ok, I'm getting my nose out of your business now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Brenda said:

On Dec 10th 2019 I was medically terminated from Glad Mfg after 28 years of company service. 401k!! My dream of having a pair of Klipsch Heritage Speakers is right there! The Cornwall’s IV! Every one thinks I’m crazy even some of my all knowing music lover friends.  People I share my dream with poo poo it so fast! I’m here seeking shelter from the dream killers! 

Of course, if it is the  Cornwall IV

It is great reviews, and heard by some here recently... cool

15 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

@Brenda Cory, our resident Klipsch dealer has Cornwall lll for $2600 a pair, new. He's an authorized dealer, he's on here and has a Facebook spot....you won't beat his prices.

Logic and sound judgement would dictate to audition and A/B cornwall 3 with cornwall 4, if at all possible. Perhaps at Cory's (Paducah Home Theater) location. Sure the CW4 have substantial improvements but does it warrant $6000 a pair cost versus $2600 for 3s? Only the purchaser can determine this for her/his purpose after  actual auditioning. Cory did have a pair of B stock IV avail @ $4600, don't see these listed anywhere any longer but lower price B stock IVs may be an option too.

dwilawyer just posted a couple videos of the new Cornwall IV improvements, in case you missed this @Brenda  I will post a link to them (last two posts in thread):  

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, Brenda said:

why concern yourself with the opinion of someone who shares different interest and passions. At one time I owned 10 pairs of cornwalls, now down to 2 pairs. I enjoy listening to music, and don't expect anyone else to understand that..... not even a musician.

if you want them, and you can afford to work them into your budget, why not buy them.... I have given you my approval..... what else do you need?

• Like 4