Dreams of Cornwall’s

Brenda

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

why concern yourself with the opinion of someone who shares different interest and passions. At one time I owned 10 pairs of cornwalls, now down to 2 pairs. I enjoy listening to music, and don't expect anyone else to understand that..... not even a musician.

if you want them, and you can afford to work them into your budget, why not buy them.... I have given you my approval..... what else do you need?

I approve of this message...

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

why concern yourself with the opinion of someone who shares different interest and passions. At one time I owned 10 pairs of cornwalls, now down to 2 pairs. I enjoy listening to music, and don't expect anyone else to understand that..... not even a musician.

if you want them, and you can afford to work them into your budget, why not buy them.... I have given you my approval..... what else do you need?

one word. FINANCE. I was a cash and carry teenager, then I married my credit rating, with the attached debt. My wife cosigned for my first bank loan so I could buy Khorns, which I had for 30 years.

Whatever math we all use to qualify our decisions sometimes makes PERFECT sense applied as a yearly cost.

Six grand over a modest ten years of sonic bliss is a meagre 600 bucks a year.

What’s that, the cost of a daily cup of coffee? 

“For the price of a cup of coffee every day you COULD be listening to Cornwall’s!”  LOL!

That should be KLIPSCH’S new marketing slogan!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, geoff. said:

Whatever math we all use to qualify our decisions sometimes makes PERFECT sense applied as a yearly cost.

“For the price of a cup of coffee every day you COULD be listening to Cornwall’s!”  LOL!

A lot of wisdom here!

Though I have no clue what I paid for my LaScalas....  let's call it $1,500.  Bought them in 1979 so that's now 41 years so that's approximately $36/year.  Heck....  I paid $6,500 for the Jubilee's and that now, was (I think) 2007 so that's 13 (yikes) years  or down to $500/year.

• Like 2

On 1/3/2020 at 12:37 PM, geoff. said:

Haha. I can’t like this enough.   This is how I justified my Fortes, my TV, everything in my Audio/video system .  It just makes since to me.  And I’m very happy with my stuff too.

23 hours ago, Coytee said:

A lot of wisdom here!

Though I have no clue what I paid for my LaScalas....  let's call it $1,500.  Bought them in 1979 so that's now 41 years so that's approximately $36/year.  Heck....  I paid $6,500 for the Jubilee's and that now, was (I think) 2007 so that's 13 (yikes) years  or down to $500/year.

you can PM me anytime you want to sell your Jubilees-------or for that matter , anyone who has jubilees they want to sell , please PM

23 hours ago, Coytee said:

A lot of wisdom here!

Considering they are still worth about that much and you could get almost all your money back you really spent nothing...just tied your money up for a bit.  

29 minutes ago, jvs1670 said:

Considering they are still worth about that much and you could get almost all your money back you really spent nothing...just tied your money up for a bit.  

that is not proper speaker accounting. You have to amortize the original cash outlay into your daily listening cost. They are worth zero when you go to sell, that way you can claim the selling price as income or a "win". This windfall can be put into the budget for next pair of speakers. This is the same approach used in gambling. When you win, it is found money. You don't even consider the cash already spent, that money is gone and was put into the ""entertainment" expense.

1 hour ago, Randyh said:

you can PM me anytime you want to sell your Jubilees-------or for that matter , anyone who has jubilees they want to sell , please PM

I'll sell them to you in a moment.....  Might even include the TAD drivers.....  question is.....  are you willing to pay my price!!

:emotion-14:

On 1/2/2020 at 12:14 AM, Randyh said:

retirement is not always a fun party    --------stay active ----------keep busy --

Un-uh!!!!!!  Retirement is GREAT!  I have no idea how I had time to work. 

Buy a Miata.  Drive it to New Orleans, eat at Mr. John's and Emeril's.  Drive it to Luckenbach, enjoy a show.  Spend as much time on Route 66 as possible.  Visit the Tail of the Dragon. 

Buy your Cornwalls!  The IVs are superb! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Randyh said:

if you sold them , which speaker would you replace these with , actually I was very surprised that klipsch is no longer making them -

No longer making what?  The Jubilee??

If that's what you mean, then that's news to me.  I don't believe they've stopped production.

Hmmm....now that I think about it, maybe they DID stop production.....  did I say my price just quadrupled??

:ph34r:

The Cornwall’s are paid for and will be order Monday by Chris Cooper of Solutions Home Entertainment in Hot Springs! This is what made the struggle for the legal tender worth all the BS and all those things that make you thankful to be alive and blessed. Too many friends lost the battle too early. If all goes as planned we will see about going to Hope in March. 🔊🔊🍾

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Brenda said:

The Cornwall’s are paid for and will be order Monday by Chris Cooper of Solutions Home Entertainment in Hot Springs! This is what made the struggle for the legal tender worth all the BS and all those things that make you thankful to be alive and blessed. Too many friends lost the battle too early. If all goes as planned we will see about going to Hope in March. 🔊🔊🍾

Brenda, if you can, also try to join us for a gear and music centered event in Hope, the first weekend in April.  Look for the Southwest Audio Gathering thread on the forum.