1974 Khorns - Houston TX - asking $1300

polizzio

43 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

I wish I was still in Texas...  Somebody needs to pick these up!

That's exactly what I thought. Clearly in the pics the LF cab needs some tlc, but working/all original Khorns for $1300 or less? 

Could be a steal.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, polizzio said:

That's exactly what I thought. Clearly in the pics the LF cab needs some tlc, but working/all original Khorns for $1300 or less? 

Could be a steal.

The parts alone are worth more than the asking price, methinks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, polizzio said:

Could be a steal.

I track Khorns in Excellent/good condition as well as  Avg/poor condition.  Believe it or not Khorns in Avg/poor condition average $1386 so the $1300 asking price is a bit low, but not crazy low. 

It might be a good pickup for someone because deals for Klipsch in Texas are hard to find.  I would expect Khorns in that poor shape to be in the $1500 range.

• Like 3

About that finish:  FR

There is no FR finish in the Klipsch document I use that lists technical info on the Heritage speakers.  I assume it is "Fir Raw" but I don't know that.   I've only seen one other FR 01/04/18, the model number was K-C-FR, s/n 4K015 and 16, from Brockport NY, $1500 price.  It was inspected by Bobby Barham.  The brown color finish looks odd to me.

• FL - Fir Lacquer (rare)
  • FO - Fir Oiled (rare)
  • FB - Fir Black Lacquer, late models only. 
  • F - Fir Firtzite (rare), Marine Grade.
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I track Khorns in Excellent/good condition as well as  Avg/poor condition.  Believe it or not Khorns in Avg/poor condition average $1386 so the $1300 asking price is a bit low, but not crazy low. 

It might be a good pickup for someone because deals for Klipsch in Texas are hard to find.  I would expect Khorns in that poor shape to be in the $1500 range.

Oh yes, I know you and your spreadsheet are the master reference here  for used Heritage. I downloaded ur spreadsheet months ago. 

The LF front face appears to be flat black or something. I mean if all the drivers work and the cabs are solid, a guy could make him an offer and do quite well. Load em up and take em home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, polizzio said:

I mean if all the drivers work and the cabs are solid, a guy could make him an offer and do quite well. Load em up and take em home.

I completely agree with you.  Your analysis was quite good! 

The Khorn sound is so good that even if all a person did was bring them and did a plug 'n play one could easily forget what they look like!

• Thanks 1