Wv brian

Wv brian

Hey guy first time post on site I have a marantz 7009 klipsch 82 ii mains rp 450 c center rf3 towers surround and sf3 towers for rear surrounds two rsw12 subs and drive them all with a emotiva exp7 amp  

My question is I want to set up for atmos so I guess it would be 7.2.2 I have a pair of rs3 ii would these have the right crossover to be used for atmos any help would be appreciated 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wv brian said:

Hey guy first time post on site I have a marantz 7009 klipsch 82 ii mains rp 450 c center rf3 towers surround and sf3 towers for rear surrounds two rsw12 subs and drive them all with a emotiva exp7 amp  

My question is I want to set up for atmos so I guess it would be 7.2.2 I have a pair of rs3 ii would these have the right crossover to be used for atmos any help would be appreciated 

Meanwhile I will take a stab at it.

Are you considering mounting the RS-3's on the ceiling firing down or, using them to fire up to ceiling. How high is your ceiling BTW?

Just now, Wv brian said:

I will be mounting them on wall firing down into room center my ceilings r vaulted 12 feet at peek and 8’6 at wall height I’m thinking mounting above my front mains around 8’ on wall 

Probably have been done before but, maybe not so much. Know they're surround speakers usually for sides first, and rear surround sound enforcement for HT duty.

You probably know this. Without to much difficulty, I would do it temporary just to see. Of course without marking up your room.

I guess it comes down to trying to save some money hopping to upgrade tv soon but here that Atmos is a big improvement over 7.2 always trying to make system a little better plus the rs3 r just sitting in closet and your right do not want to mess walls up to find out they don’t work 

it sounds like most Atmos speaker r full range witch I guess the rs3 would fall into that category what say you?

Not full range like your floor standers but yes worth trying but may need to equalize your Marantz to push the sound to overcome those 82 fronts.. like your system BTW. Some purists may frown about mixing your 82's with older reference RF-3's and newer RP Center but...it is all cool with me.

Would try it yet, no damage... maybe just a jury rig.

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Not full range like your floor standers but yes worth trying but may need to equalize your Marantz to push the sound to overcome those 82 fronts.. like your system BTW. Some purists may frown about mixing your 82's with older reference RF-3's and newer RP Center but...it is all cool with me.

Would try it yet, no damage... maybe just a jury rig.

Atmos is possibly all that. Others may have an opinion.

I certainly appreciate all your opinions and advice I do have a mix match of Klipsch speakers this is due to buying and building system when money is available most of time I buy when speaker becomes out dated due to new series but I must say this system has beautiful sound crisp and super clean . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wv brian said:

That is my next question with other channels having external amp and Atmos will not ,   will they drown out. the maranta is rated 120watts 9 channel 

Not necessarily... Going into the settings menu will help accommodate that. How many inputs are you using now on the Marantz and is that 120 watts per channel?

I’m using 7 but they r all run with the 200 watts per channel emotive the height channels would not have external amp 

buy the way I. Am a self taught novice learning every day thank you so much for your time, means a lot and hope I don’t sound to dumb but what do you mean when you say  btw 

• Like 1

Just now, Wv brian said:

I’m using 7 but they r all run with the 200 watts per channel emotive the height channels would not have external amp 

buy the way I. Am a self taught novice learning every day thank you so much for your time, means a lot and hope I don’t sound to dumb but what do you mean when you say  btw 

Well then, look at the back of the RS-3 for watt rating. Yes that amp is Cool. Thinking you can easily use the surrounds safely. What is the specs for the Marantz...is that all channels 120 Watts?

Just now, billybob said:

Well then, look at the back of the RS-3 for watt rating. Yes that amp is Cool. Thinking you can easily use the surrounds safely. What is the specs for the Marantz...is that all channels 120 Watts?

Thinking you are good to go. Hook into the surrounds or Atmos on your Marantz with the surrounds.

The Marantz is not being drained of power due to the Emotiva so...just go slow on power to be safe and volume.