Hi everyone! I’m interested in forum members thoughts on the situation I find myself in diving into my home theater build. I’m a long time klipsch lover and hifi audio system geek in general. After tossing around the idea of doing an all paradigm or all canton HT system I have finally decided that I just will not be too happy without that classic klipsch sound. My delema is should I go with an all legend series klf 30/20 for mains, side & rear surrounds, with klf c7’s as center and atmos front and rear height speakers which is what I had resolved to do. I currently have a pair of 30’s and I am planning on procuring another pair of 30’s this weekend. So I’ll have 4 of the six towers needed to get started. Then it’s just track down another pair and 5x c7’s (which are far more shipable than the towers). On the other hand I also have the opportunity to pick up a pristine pair of heresy 2’s and 3 pair of heresy 1’s that are in beater shape that need a ton of work. No matter the choice I will be doing crites upgrades on all of the speakers legends or heresies. Haven’t had any experience with crites upgrades, are heresy or legend upgrades more costly? Will there be a timbre matching difference between the heresy 1’s and 2’s after crites conversion? Also what would be the best recommendation on atmos speakers for the heresies? Theater room is about 28x30. Would drive the system with pioneer elite vsx-lx503 and b&k separate amps (on 5 channels). Plan on upgrading to either an arcam, marantz, or anthem processor in the future and finding the best amps for whichever series I go with. The heresies are gonna need a lot of restoration work but are available now. Legends I’m gonna have to go through the headache of tracking down and picking up/get shipped to me. What are you guys thoughts on which route to take, and why? Has anyone heard both an all legend and an all heresy home theatre? I helped a friend years ago set up an all legend series theatre which was amazing and that was back in the days of 5.1/6.1. (He got a pair of klf 30’s after babysitting mine for me for a month or so, then completed the full surround system) Btw having two pair of klf 30’s as extra stereo sets if I go with the heresy option is no problem and I have the gear to run two separate audiophile stereo configurations on the 30’s. Choices, choices, choices... Any thoughts, experiences, advice you guys have would be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rooster42 said:

should I go with an all legend series klf 30/20

Only heard KLF's once, but preferred them over Heresy's ... think they would be better for your large room.  If you cannot find KLF's, consider Epic CF-3/4's also ... they are awesome. Have fun with setting it up :D 

But, with that size room, you may want to consider some Pro speakers, like 904's/others. You'll be pleasantly surprised especially if you drive them with some good power :) 

Northwest Louisiana. Gonna take a little time to get it all together, by then I should have figured out how to post pics on the forum here. If you’re ever in the area once I’m done pm me and I’d be more than happy to show the system off. Meanwhile I’m gonna be busy trying to get all of this together/set up. 

I’ve got the subs covered already. 12” klipsch reference already in use in my temporary set up. I also have REL subs available if I want to go that direction and I’m toying with the idea of picking up 4 of the RSL 10” subs that go for around 399$ apiece and are well lauded in the audio community. One for each corner of the room. 7.4.4 anyone? Anyhow I believe I’m set to get that second pair of legend klf 30’s tomorrow and audition a pair of epic cf4’s to see if they get a chance to come home with me as well. So- no takers on an all heresy system? I would have thought there would be some here that would have spoken up for that route. It appears that I was on the right path to begin with. Now to track down another pair of 30’s and 5 klfc7’s....,

On 1/3/2020 at 3:54 PM, Randyh said:

-you are missing subs ------and westcoastdrums can advise you better - he has 2 subs for sale as we speak  - great prices for forum members - PM him through this forum

Thanks. Sure do.  Two KPT 884 SW Subs.   Guaranteed to put a smile on your face for $800 for the pair.  Uship can get them anywhere in the country for a reasonable price considering size and weight (shameless advertising). 

Have you checked the klf cabinets for loose front and rear panels? Glue not holding is a known with the cabinets. Not a big deal to fix but it can affect the sound of your speakers. I have a pair of klf 10's I had to fix.

I vote for klf's over heresy, I think the klf's will work better for HT.