Warning

Matrixx9

When I joined about a month ago I posted that I was looking for some RF7's. Well on the good news side one of the many great new friends I have made on here Like BillyBob has turned me on to speakers that were great deals and have helped me complete my system. 

Now for this warning. A person on here contacted me about his RF7's. I'm not going to name him yet because after telling him I was looking for Cherry per the post and he had maple...he gave me the Email of a man named Richard. 

Richard sent me pictures of an "A" set of RF7 ii's that looked mint in a great room. Everything looked clean. Great price I felt for 1050.00 delivered. Well he immediately wrote back ..ok put the money in my bitcoin acct and send me your address. Well I'm 62 and although I was born during the day, I wasn't born yesterday. 

While I sat stunned wondering how exactly this bitcoin thing worked...I wasn't about to send out money with no middleman or at least great references from here. 

He and...the first man then sent me Richard's phone number for texting to make it easier. I recieved 3 texts asking for my address  so we could get on with it. I then told both of them, which actually could be one in the same..I didn't feel comfortable about the whole Bitcoin thing and offered to come pick them up so I could hear and see them. 

This next move cinched it for me. Richard turns out was leaving to go out of town until March so that wouldn't be possible. 

This was long enough so I will cut it short. Neither one has contacted me back about me going "after" he returns in march. I hate to judge but this was surely a con. So please buyer beware. 

Edited by Matrixx9
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Thanks for the heads up. You did the right thing.

Here is some details and a picture for reference!

Screenshot_20200104-131416_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20200104-131420_Gmail.jpg

I want the Sansui amp. Who is your contact on here? 

Be careful out there, there are scammers everywhere.....it's sad. I hope you find a good pair of speakers.

I'm in Albuquerque and will be happy to go audition for you.

All I ask in return is reimbursement for any ammunition used for incidentals...:P 

Just checked that address and the house is for sale, I wonder if he'll accept bitcoin?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5424-Vista-Sandia-NE-Albuquerque-NM-87111/6803776_zpid/

On 1/4/2020 at 1:39 PM, TasDom said:

Just checked that address and the house is for sale, I wonder if he'll accept bitcoin?

Not seeing the wall and doorways where the system was set up. 

On 1/4/2020 at 1:47 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Ha! I just did the same thing and was about to post "I see a green wall, but not THAT green wall". 

On 1/4/2020 at 1:47 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

On 1/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, baron167 said:

Ha! I just did the same thing and was about to post "I see a green wall, but not THAT green wall". 

No wood floors either

On 1/4/2020 at 1:39 PM, TasDom said:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5424-Vista-Sandia-NE-Albuquerque-NM-87111/6803776_zpid/

That's extremely funny @bitcoin.  By the way if you are ever looking for work... CSI Albuquerque  could use a talent like you!!!

On 1/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I want the Sansui amp. Who is your contact on here? 

I don't want to expose him yet because his lead to Richard may have been legit. I don't mind pointing a finger to protect you my new friends here because although he wrote me like 20 emails and 6 texts within a day telling me "Let's get this done" after I called his bluff and said...ok but I'm coming to see them cash in hand I have had zero replies except him telling me he was leaving to go out of town until March. Even after sending him a called your bluff text and telling him I'm reporting this in the forum. I also contacted the member here and he sent me 24 emails and now he has also dropped off the map. If he doesn't respond shortly I will post his member name here.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:05 PM, Matrixx9 said:

If he doesn't respond shortly I will post his member name here.

Yeah, I still want the amp. 😜

On 1/4/2020 at 2:46 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Yeah, I still want the amp. 😜

Do you use bitcoin???🤪😜🤪😜

On 1/4/2020 at 2:05 PM, Matrixx9 said:

I don't want to expose him yet because his lead to Richard may have been legit. I don't mind pointing a finger to protect you my new friends here because although he wrote me like 20 emails and 6 texts within a day telling me "Let's get this done" after I called his bluff and said...ok but I'm coming to see them cash in hand I have had zero replies except him telling me he was leaving to go out of town until March. Even after sending him a called your bluff text and telling him I'm reporting this in the forum. I also contacted the member here and he sent me 24 emails and now he has also dropped off the map. If he doesn't respond shortly I will post his member name here.

notify the moderators via a PM , asap -

-

On 1/4/2020 at 2:53 PM, Matrixx9 said:

Do you use bitcoin???🤪😜🤪😜

I have the fat stacks and can make it rain.

m.jpg.ce06df3ae79ed37bcdd1296722675e76.jpg

James.....that looks like my banking account 😀

On 1/4/2020 at 3:49 PM, Ceptorman said:

James.....that looks like my banking account 😀

Mine too, but minus the 500's the 100's the 50's and the 20's thanks to joining this site. 

On 1/4/2020 at 6:38 PM, Matrixx9 said:

Mine too, but minus the 500's the 100's the 50's and the 20's thanks to joining this site. 

Yea these folks are experts at spending your money.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Matrixx9 said:

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Yea these folks are experts at spending your money.

Well, I’ll tell you how I did it: I got into flipping houses, then became a slumlord with apartments. In and out of jail, but had a pass and a few lucky breaks that netted me $200 each time. What I didn’t invest into hookers and blow, I squandered on railroads. With the income of being a landlord the RR moneys, I was able to buy some used Heresy I.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, DUROCKER said:

That pic was grabbed from a previous garage sale post here from a guy in Missouri over a year ago.  I know because once I said those RF-7 II’s were too far for me, several chimed in how it was too good of a deal to not drive cross country.

Here's the for sale  post referenced above:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/175099-cherry-rf7-iis/ 

Good catch! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DUROCKER said:

That pic was grabbed from a previous garage sale post here from a guy in Missouri over a year ago.  I know because once I said those RF-7 II’s were too far for me, several chimed in how it wasi too good of a deal to not drive cross country.

I knew it in my heart. Ok 3 days not a word from either of them. The member from here's name is Dana. I will have to look up his member I'd. But he acted more interested if I was going to "get this thing done" than Richard. My gut tells me they were one in the same!

Screenshot_20200105-102855_Gmail.jpg

these crimes , are the work of con artists , and they are subject to Prison and jail terms if the culprits are arrested - always watch out ,  when giving personal information  such as your tel number , social security , CC , or home address , these men/women are criminals ,  pure and simple -

• Thanks 1

Ok here is an update. While trying to find Dana Neal's member I'd I finally tracked down the real member who referred. So...it was a member named HSouf. I'll attach the correspondence.  He referred Dana, who then in turn referred richard. Richard's email after doing a search on Google was tagged in some Iraninan scam alerts. HSouf and I swear I'm not being in any way racist sounds kind of Middle Eastern.  

Screenshot_20200105-115917_Chrome.jpg

I say again, yes I miss out on deals, but ... cash in hand, eye to eye, "oh hey, can we meet at the police shop?" etc.  Only way to do bidniz in this day and age.

Tale from days of 'yor.  Wife's Uncle was a state rep. and highly known in his county/area of one of your lovely states.  We visited one time and Uncle drove me in to town to get some light groceries (enough to feed me for a month, but he was a farmer and "you have to eat to do your chores"!).  Anyhow, Uncle pulls up, turns the car off and puts the keys on the dash and gets out.  I get out and say "Uncle, you left the keys on the dash".  "Yep", was the reply.  Ah... no one is going to steal Uncle's car and get down mainstreet with it.  Also, no one in the county couldn't be trusted with your life if needed.  Where has that gone?

Op, good work and glad you were safe.  "Let's be careful out there!".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2020 at 2:04 PM, Matrixx9 said:

Well on the good news side one of the many great new friends I have made on here Like BillyBob has turned me on to speakers that were great deals and have helped me complete my system. 

Agreed, BillyBob is a great guy. He picked up a pair of Forte II for me and stored them until I had a chance to pick them up. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

So, what about the amp? 😀

I think I'm going to pose as one of the house movers. If I can pull it off I'll grab that receiver and ship it to you! You can pay for shipping by bitcoin of course!!😁😁😁🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1