Another Order placed, plus a little extra ;)

Orange Peel

I just called my buddy and placed the order for the RF-5's. I went into Ultimate Electronics on Monday and was listening to the RF-5's, and RB-5's, and while I was in the room I listened to the Klipsch RCR-5 in wall's, and man, they blew me away!! I loved how they sounded!! And since I'm getting a house built right now, and I'm having the patio pre-wired for speakers, so I ordered them too. I can't wait to get this stuff, it sucks to fork out the money for it and not have it right away. Hopefully Klipsch gets them out soon so I can post my results, well atleast the results of the RF-5/RF-7/RC-7 combo 9.gif

Does anyone else own the RCR-5 in wall speakers? I am still in shock by how well they sounded, full and not shabby bass.

I HATE THIS STUFF!!! It NEVER ENDSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

On 11/7/2002 12:51:38 PM Orange Peel wrote:

I HATE THIS STUFF!!! It NEVER ENDSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

No it doesn't brother, no it doesn't. It's a friggen addiction. A quest to build the best beast you can afford. Full of questions like "I wonder if that other receiver would have sounded better?", "Should I upgrade to the AVR8000?", "Should I have gotten the SVS?" "Soundboard or curtians?", blah, blah blah.... You get the idea.

Oh and full of envy for the peeps that have good heritage. And for what? It's not like I have ever heard them before? I don't even know what I am missing, yet I want a pair of either Belles or KHorns. And to think, I don't even have the corners for KHorns, yet I want them. GOOD LORD! SOMEONE HELP ME.14.gif

Yeah the RCR-5's are very nice, they're basically the RB-5's in an in-wall version. I plan to do my upstairs bedroom with RCW-5's and RCR-5's with a Plasma TV and all the electronics tucked away in the closet. It will be sweet. Where did you order the speakers? Do you have a friend who sells the stuff to you @ a discount?

OP,

I am currently using the RCR-5's in my setup (KLF-20's, KLF-C7, SVS 25-31PCi) and I have very pleased with them. My kitchen and den are one big room and it doesn't facilitate a typical RS-* application. I have mine mounted about a foot behind and slightly wider that the size of my listening couch. I really like the ability to aim the tweeters too.

ROCK ON!

badbob - Thanks for the info, I didn't know you can swivel the tweets, cool! Even though the speakers will be outside and pointing at the cement, it's a nice option if I do want to move them.

rjb294 - Thanks for the reassurance! I'll be sure to post some finished pics, here's a couple of it framed and getting ready for drywall....

house.jpg

house5.jpg

housefoam.jpg

housefoam2.jpg

I'll post more when I go this weekend, like speaker locations, etc.

My friend says they are indoor/outdoor, so I guess 1.gif If not, I'll sell them and get some outdoor, I had to buy them because they were so cheap! Not retail cheap, but with the discount they were cheap.

I'll have to check on the RCR now to see if they will work outside, I'm sure they will.

I checked the Klipsch website and it doesn't say anything about being an indoor speaker. huh, oh well 9.gif