Need prescription sunglass lenses

tigerwoodKhorns

I have a few pair of Ray Ban prescription sunglasses where the lenses have gotten scratched or fogged up. 

Can anyone recommend an online place to buy sunglass lenses?  My eye doctor's office wants $250 for just the lenses (but they will sell me the second pair for only $150!)

I found an online place that has what appears to be good lenses in polycarbonate and blue blocking for $145 each pair.  Is this good or is there a more reasonable place? 

I just friggen had some made on line... but for the life of me I can not remember who it was. mine were transition bi focals and they came out better than the ones I had done in the actual brick and mortar. saved a bundle also.

I would hesitate to order again from an online seller.

That first price is even good compared to mine that are three years old now. Graduated trifocals that actually turn dark in sunshine. Not any bright light just uv. Also not as dark as RB Glacier Glasses but that is unobtanium now-a-days anyhow. The change to dk blue is darker than the brownish tint I saw. Had a pair of Julbos I left in the ceiling of the totalled Accord, they were almost as dark as the Glacier Glasses.

My wife has worked in optical for 30+ years so if you can tell me specifically what your prescription is (she's going to ask prior to offering advice) I can speak with her about it.  Are you in a progressive are they just to correct distance?

On 1/8/2020 at 11:52 AM, Pete H said:

My wife has worked in optical for 30+ years so if you can tell me specifically what your prescription is (she's going to ask prior to offering advice) I can speak with her about it.  Are you in a progressive are they just to correct distance?

I am nearsighted. The prescription is +1.50 in each eye.  I need lenses for two pairs of sunglasses where the previous lenses are scratched (or if they can polish the lenses that would be good too). 

I guess I need polycarbonate lenses tinted, single prescription and I should probably add a blue filter.