RP-250S ceiling mounts recommendations

Cleatus

I'm renovating a barn and have to fill a 30x30 room with sound. I have the front 3.2 covered and a pair of RP-250S wall mounted in the back but looking for solid ceiling mounts to hold the 2nd pair of RP-250S for full 7.2 sound. Not optimal but the L/R surrounds have to be ceiling mounted. Suggestions? Thanks.

20200106_181038-3024x1701.jpg

• Like 2

Hi 

If ceiling mounting is required, I would recommend you have a look at klipsch's in-ceiling speakers. Mounting them would make the job a whole lot easier. 

PS: Just a friendly reminder for the future. Everybody is entitled to their own political standpoint and I respect you for yours, but there are of course some that don't respect it, especially when it comes to that particular poster on your wall, whom it supports, and what this individual is responsible for right now in Iran. This might make people not want to reply and help you in your HT endeavours. So for your future posts in this forum, I recommend refraining from such online displays of ones opinion. 

• Like 1

I've been using Omnimount 15.0C ceiling mounts for my RP-250S's for the last three years. They're rated for up to 15 lbs. The RP-250's are 15.7 lbs but I've had no problems. They're easily attached using the 3/8th threaded hole in the back of the speakers. Since that hole is toward the "bottom" of the speakers, they'll end up hanging "upside down" with the tweeter under the driver, but I can"t detect a difference sound wise. Appearance wise , snap the magnetic grilles back on "right side up" and all is good. Got mine on Amazon. Easily found elsewhere also. Hope this helps.... 

Thanks Flightrisk. All my research points to Omnimount. 

HenrikTJ, My post was seeking information and had no political tone. You are the one bringing up politics. I'm focused on getting the best sound out of a big investment in speakers, nothing else.. 

HenrikTJ, My post was seeking information and had no political tone. You are the one bringing up politics. I'm focused on getting the best sound out of a big investment in speakers, nothing else.. 
Your picture is a political statement.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cleatus said:

20 hours ago, Cleatus said:

Well your statement there isn't quite true, is it? YOU posted a picture containing a poster supporting one of the most hated men in politics this past decade. That is YOUR political tone right there.

I'm actually not bringing up politics. YOU did that all by yourself with that picture. I'm simply advising you not to have a political tone on this forum in the future. 

I know what your intent with this post was. Thats why I tried to answer your post objectively first before trying to advise you in a friendly manner on what one might not want to do, if getting the best possible help is still a focus. What hangs on your wall will quite possibly stir some very deep and negative feelings towards that poster, this post and finally upon you. If getting the best help is still a focus for you, that picture or the poster it contains should not have been included. Political statements divide people, and will probably encourage those who have the answers you might need to not give it to you just based upon the fact that your political standpoint differs from theirs.

From being in and out on this forum for a short while, you start to pick up on who answers the most posts around here. Safe to say none of them have answered you, and I might just know why...

• Like 1