Heresy II Crossover Rebuilds

AuditMan

This is from their website.

That rebuild would include replacing the capacitors with high quality Sonicaps, or other high quality Polypropylene capacitors.  That would include all the caps that are in the signal path.  For the crossovers that have woofer roll off caps, we use non-polarized electrolytics for that woofer roll off.  After the rebuild, we test the rebuilt crossovers on a spectrum analyzer to insure that the crossover is back in factory spec.

Let me clarify my question. I know I could do the rebuild cheaper if I did it myself.  It's like calling a plumber, I could do it myself but I'd probably screw it up and end up with crossovers that I'd have to replace.  What I'm asking is - will doing the rebuilds make the speakers sound better? I know it's subject to a lot of variables.  I'm asking for people who may have done this to give me their opinions.  Thanks

If they take you out they'll most definitely see you out!  I know this because momma likes to watch "who-done-it" shows (I accuse her of shopping for ideas - but only in jest - nearly 12 years together and the closest we've come to even arguing was the time I rearranged the living room while she was gone [it stayed that way!]).  One thing I've learned is that while it's a crime to lie to the cops while they're investigating, they do it as a matter of course!  How's that right???

1 hour ago, glens said:

If they take you out they'll most definitely see you out!  I know this because momma likes to watch "who-done-it" shows (I accuse her of shopping for ideas - but only in jest - nearly 12 years together and the closest we've come to even arguing was the time I rearranged the living room while she was gone [it stayed that way!]).  One thing I've learned is that while it's a crime to lie to the cops while they're investigating, they do it as a matter of course!  How's that right???

A close friend's Mom used to say, when she bought something in her later years, "Well, this one will take me out."  So, it's sort of a thing in our group of friends.  Great story about the furniture.  I used to travel a lot for work.  I'd be gone for weeks at a time.  My wife was constantly moving things around.  I'd come home and trip over stuff in the dark.  

@AuditMan a couple of points;

1) You can learn to solder and do the DIY thing.  I've learned (I'm 65 so it ain't no age thing!), mostly by becoming interested due to this forum and watching YouTube.  Now, I'm not saying my soldering is as nice as @Deang and other pros, but it's semi-ept functionally.  Why learn?  Because you can then control what you put into your systems, and have fun!  My only regret is that I didn't start sooner.

2) By your moniker and story of being away for weeks, I take that you are retired auditor.  Likewise.  Control + Accountability = DIY.  Go for it!  Mr. Crites will provide excellent service and results though, and better soldering than me.  Yes, I was away for weeks at a time too, dang hydrocarbon measurement auditing all over Canada and major projects audits in US. 

I just pay a little extra and have the vendor do it for me. The caps are matched in pairs, within 2% of each other. This is easier for me since I don't buy in bulk. If you buy a lot like Bob does, you lay them out on a bench and start measuring them -- and pair them up.