Realistic STA-2000

mr clean

I have one here that a guy at work gave me a few years ago. 75 watts per channel. I just used it for a short time, but everything worked when I tried it. Thinking about getting it out to play with it. The receiver I mean😎. Anyone ever had one of these. From what I was reading, they were pretty nice but a fuzz bass heavy. i worked at a Radio Shack when these were new but only got to play with one a little at work. Anyone have or had one?.

i bought the complete set back in the day brand new ( circa 1975 - 77 )

sta- 2000 with manual- still have both. volume control very scratchy. haven't turned it on since the 80's

mach 1 speakers - sold to my brother ( who now has 4 of them ) to buy my 1st set of heresys.

turntable with manual - still have both

• Like 3

On 1/7/2020 at 10:48 AM, mr clean said:

I have one here that a guy at work gave me a few years ago. 75 watts per channel. I just used it for a short time, but everything worked when I tried it. Thinking about getting it out to play with it. The receiver I mean😎. Anyone ever had one of these. From what I was reading, they were pretty nice but a fuzz bass heavy. i worked at a Radio Shack when these were new but only got to play with one a little at work. Anyone have or had one?.

Not had but others here like above have had some STAs.

Look in your manual or some go inside to look for clues as to who made this for Tandy Corp.

Seem to recall Pioneer did... don't hold me too that. They seem to be a good find, under the radar.

• Like 2

I have the STA2080 and although i have had it for several years, I  just starting using it on a regular basis a month ago and really like it. It has a kick to it that sounds very nice, kind of an authoritative sound.

I too had heard that they were made in the same plant as the Pioneer products. It is also a MOSFET amp. Runs hot but not too bad. I use with a recently built pair of Super Heresy's and it sounds nice.

Bought it from a member here that is a part time snake oil salesman and talked me into it. Glad he did. @Woofers and Tweeters

Plug it in and give it a try, I doubt you'll be disappointed, but they are getting a little long on years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had a few STA models but never had the STA 2000 or the STA 2000D  nor the 2100 series. I had the STA 2080, that a swindler ended up with, and I had a STA 2300 (160 w/ch). I now have seller's remorse and wish that I had them both back. @MookieStl thank you for offering to sell or trade it back to me, maybe someday if I can make it out to visit you again. It looks great right where it is and I can only imagine how it sounds with your Super Heresys. To me, the STA 2080 has a refined look, similar to a bouncer wearing a suit: Look pleasant, but is ready to go knuckles-up. 

On 1/7/2020 at 10:48 AM, mr clean said:

I have one here that a guy at work gave me a few years ago.

The numbers look great for some headroom 15Hz - 25kHz. They look and sound great.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...