Is there a Klipschorn rescue?

JerryC

Is there a Klipschorn rescue? I'm new here. I just had to retire my Klipschorns I bought in 1973 because I no longer have corners for them (I moved to Klipsch towers). I don't even care if I get paid for them as long as they find a good home either for restoration or for parts. They were "Theater Black" without veneer, tops, or grill cloth but I applied 1/8" veneer panels to them and made a top, and only cool if you live in a frat house. How do I find a loving home for these servants who brought me so much joy? Type K-D-FB ser. no. 4K316, 4K317. Drivers K-55-V, K-77. sniffle, sniff.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, JerryC said:

How do I find a loving home for these servants who brought me so much joy?

First of all Jerry, welcome to the Klipsch forums.  I can't believe it took you so long to find us!  I assure you that you are among kindred spirits here.

I really think you came to the right place.  We don't like our Klipsch speakers, we love our Klipsch!  I think your best best bet is to find someone here to pass your Khorns along to.  Ebay and Craigslist, you don't know who those people are.  There are no flippers here, and when you find the right person for your Khorns if you send me a PM I will try to help you be confident in your choice.

Who am I?  A Klipsch lover, 62 years old.  I formally had Khorns and La Scala's.  I like the older stuff.  I've been on the forums since 2014.  I am from West Virginia and not a potential buyer/owner for your Khorns.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JerryC said:

Thank you 7heavenlyplaces. It looks like my Klipschs will have a good home. See you soon. Thanks to all others who replied as well.

It was extremely nice of you to move your speakers on to someone who will cherish them, and at a reasonable price.  That's what makes a lot of us happy.  *<;o)

• Like 3

On 1/8/2020 at 2:32 PM, wvu80 said:

First of all Jerry, welcome to the Klipsch forums.  I can't believe it took you so long to find us!  I assure you that you are among kindred spirits here.

I really think you came to the right place.  We don't like our Klipsch speakers, we love our Klipsch!  I think your best best bet is to find someone here to pass your Khorns along to.  Ebay and Craigslist, you don't know who those people are.  There are no flippers here, and when you find the right person for your Khorns if you send me a PM I will try to help you be confident in your choice.

Who am I?  A Klipsch lover, 62 years old.  I formally had Khorns and La Scala's.  I like the older stuff.  I've been on the forums since 2014.  I am from West Virginia and not a potential buyer/owner for your Khorns.

"There are no flippers here" Seriously Dave? There's people who would pull their grandma's teeth to get the gold out of them. 

While she was awake.  LOL

Mark

• Like 1
  • Haha 2