Cornwall iv weight

Foxman

So, a really odd thing has come up. I have seen a PDF of a Cornwall iv showing the weight of the speaker at 100lbs. But tonight I compared the specs of a CW3 to the specs of a CW4 and pulled the PDF off of the Klipsch.com website for the 4's and it says 73lbs? The 3's show a weight of 98lbs. What in the world? Here is a screen grab of the CW4 specs, I'll see if this site will allow me to attach the PDF. 

Any thoughts on this?

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.55.18 PM.png

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, foxman said:

So, a really odd thing has come up. I have seen a PDF of a Cornwall iv showing the weight of the speaker at 100lbs. But tonight I compared the specs of a CW3 to the specs of a CW4 and pulled the PDF off of the Klipsch.com website for the 4's and it says 73lbs? The 3's show a weight of 98lbs. What in the world? Here is a screen grab of the CW4 specs, I'll see if this site will allow me to attach the PDF. 

Any thoughts on this?

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 6.55.18 PM.png

I guess there are four possibilities:

1. Scrivener error; or

2. They mistakenly put net weight of product as opposed to shipping weight (this doesn't seem likely); or

3. @Chief bonehead used a lot of TI instead of steel; or

4. Klipsch always misrepresents the weight of their products to see if anyone really reads the specs

I'm going with numero Uno.

I'm pretty sure that Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters can verify they don't weigh 75lbs/33kg.

Travis

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I guess there are four possibilities:

1. Scrivener error; or

2. They mistakenly put net weight of product as opposed to shipping weight (this doesn't seem likely); or

3. @Chief bonehead used a lot of TI instead of steel; or

4. Klipsch always misrepresents the weight of their products to see if anyone really reads the specs

I'm going with numero Uno.

I'm pretty sure that Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters can verify they don't weigh 75lbs/33kg.

Travis

He screenshoted the PDF showing 100lbs. I had seen that figure before, but was comparing some other specs and saw the 73 and was caught off guard. 

• Like 1

Don't forget there's probably no shelf above the ports, less wood remaining on the baffle, don't know if the previous mid horn was metal or plastic but the new one's prob. plastic.  Unless the cabinet's larger I wouldn't be surprised by some weight reduction.  Oh, though isn't there bracing now?

What is interesting isn’t just the actual weight, it is the information being published. Generally PDF’s hold the information well. The idea that he weight of the 4 on the brochure is the result of an internet glitch is remote.though possible. The more likely explanation is the speaker weight is 73lbs, which doesn’t seem to make sense for a variety of reasons including the fact that it represents a change to a product shortly after its release. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Don Richard said:

Weigh one and see what it actually is?

What's the fun in that? Faliure analysis straped over to a probable misprint is much more entertaining. (Being sarcastic, you suggestion is obvioulsy the logical approach).

Which one of these would you like me to weigh?

Travis

P.S. The Museum Edition Cornwall IV speakers were completed today. 

20200109_093839.jpg

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

What's the fun in that? Faliure analysis straped over to a probable misprint is much more entertaining. (Being sarcastic, you suggestion is obvioulsy the logical approach).

Which one of these would you like me to weigh?

Travis

P.S. The Museum Edition Cornwall IV speakers were completed today. 

20200109_093839.jpg

The one closest to me.Watch for hernia? Thanks!

2 hours ago, billybob said:

foxman for sure...100 lbs... 🦊

I feel sure it is, I do recall reading that. But the new number caught my eye and caused me to raise the question. I like the fox there.. I may have to adopt him, I think we may be related. :)     =^..^=

• Thanks 1