Hersey lll price increased

Mars1

Another law of demand and price increase? Or numerous positive reviews of Audiophiles? I remember looking at these when offered at 999.00/each but after numerous positive reviews the price increased to something like 1300 and change. Just really blew. Makes me Not want to support Klipsch....but I do love horn loaded speakers. Now the 4's came out and the price is higher....decisions, decisions....

Another law of demand and price increase? Or numerous positive reviews of Audiophiles? I remember looking at these when offered at 999.00/each but after numerous positive reviews the price increased to something like 1300 and change. Just really blew. Makes me Not want to support Klipsch....but I do love horn loaded speakers. Now the 4's came out and the price is higher....decisions, decisions....

Mine were $285.00 in 1978

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is really cool. Still have them? I am just starting a hifi system, 2.0 or 2.1/2.2 system specifically. Last I owned a system was back in late 80's! OMG! And truthfully, with all the modern tech now, streaming platforms, DAC's, optic vs HDMI, music files etc I am a bit lost. I just purchased a vintage mint condition Mitsubishi DA A15 DC dual mono block amp and its preamp. Now where? I want Klipsch or JBL, but I think this amp won't do below 4 Ohms, it will probably sound nice w/ Klipsch. I love to maybe stream music from a smart TV if possible and not sure if I should get a separate DAC. The DAC I am looking into is the RME ADI DAC2. I also see a Oppo BDP 105 for sale, which may be okay for now. Ultimately I love to get a tube preamp in the mix. And what about room correction? The only place I know that sells devices for this is miniDSP. Not even sure if I need it...but probably do. Not even sure if I want to stream, maybe just FM, Internet Radio, and CD/SACD? I don't know. Things were so much simpler back then....

That is really cool. Still have them? I am just starting a hifi system, 2.0 or 2.1/2.2 system specifically. Last I owned a system was back in late 80's! OMG! And truthfully, with all the modern tech now, streaming platforms, DAC's, optic vs HDMI, music files etc I am a bit lost. I just purchased a vintage mint condition Mitsubishi DA A15 DC dual mono block amp and its preamp. Now where? I want Klipsch or JBL, but I think this amp won't do below 4 Ohms, it will probably sound nice w/ Klipsch. I love to maybe stream music from a smart TV if possible and not sure if I should get a separate DAC. The DAC I am looking into is the RME ADI DAC2. I also see a Oppo BDP 105 for sale, which may be okay for now. Ultimately I love to get a tube preamp in the mix. And what about room correction? The only place I know that sells devices for this is miniDSP. Not even sure if I need it...but probably do. Not even sure if I want to stream, maybe just FM, Internet Radio, and CD/SACD? I don't know. Things were so much simpler back then....

Still got them, still sound great and I’ll have when I draw my last breath

LMK how you are running them? Love to hear. Do you stream Tidal? Or do LPs/CDs? What's your setup? I love to get ideas that would help me along this journey from real folk who are getting great results from their Klipsch. Ultimately love to get the new Cornwalls or at least the Hersey lV. Hey do you have your Hersey's off the floor or on the floor?

LMK how you are running them? Love to hear. Do you stream Tidal? Or do LPs/CDs? What's your setup? I love to get ideas that would help me along this journey from real folk who are getting great results from their Klipsch. Ultimately love to get the new Cornwalls or at least the Hersey lV. Hey do you have your Hersey's off the floor or on the floor?

They are on stands. I use them for surrounds

If you like the Heresy III, and that type of speaker (small cabinet), I'd recommend saving up a bit more and getting the Heresy IVs, which seem to be improved over the III in several ways, and are still approximately the same handy size.  It usually pays to get the latest model of whatever you're buying, since it will stay current for much longer, and speakers are the part of your system that you will likely own for the longest time.  For example, over time I've upgraded my electronics, especially sources (new turntable, Blu-ray player to replace the DVD player, new receiver, etc.), but I"m still happily listening to the La Scalas that I bought in 2006, 14 years ago next August.

When I got the La Scala IIs in 2013, the original Scalas got demoted from Main to Surround duties, but they're still an integral part of the system, and will likely continue to serve me for many years.

I like to see if they improve upon the Forte lll design. Perhaps omitting the radiator in the rear. I have base board heating and I am very concerned of the heat drying out the cone fabric, like it does to a hand straw broom. The new Cornwalls look real cool and about my price, least in a years time or less. Also I am curious if the company will make strong advancements in active speakers designs, preferably with analog internal power, I guess digital is okay but from what I read and seen it has to be done very very well and carefully, especially in horn loaded speakers. I heard the La Scala and they just make me smile. It's surely like being at a live show. I demoed a few Totem speakers in the past. Huge soundstage, give them that, but something was missing, it sounded like Bose but on steroids, in other words, artificial. Well least to my ears...This hobby is so subjective isn't it? Cheers. Last note: I like to eventually get a tube preamp, first gotta try Schiit Audio, then either: Prima Luna, Vincent Audio, or Rogue Audio. Any experience with using tube preamps w/ your K's? If so what's it like? Betcha the sound stage gets that 3D quality? 

On 1/8/2020 at 8:46 PM, Mars1 said:

If you are just getting back into audio and don't have a lot of physical media, LP's/CD's, don't dismiss streaming. I use an Arcam rPlay with Tidal and am not looking back.