FS: RC-7 cherry, RF-7 II pair cherry, Odyssey Stratos, Oppo, etc.

gtDark

I'm helping sell some audio gear for a friend who recently passed away (I volunteered to assist the family since they weren't really sure what it all was), so I can answer some questions but probably not all that you might have.  Everything is in metro Atlanta, Georgia area (30188) and available for demo if necessary.  Prefer local sale due to the physical size and weight of most of these items (exceptions #4-6).  Been out of the loop for most of these items so prices are negotiable to account for market adjustments of which I'm not aware.  Pictures for all items at link below (except RF-7's, will take those tonight).  Thanks for your interest.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3norq844pa5zi4p/AABjLTVcS9vDQ-NcjlxA4TTCa?dl=0

1. RC-7 cherry ($400) - condition 7/10...second owner I believe.  A couple scratches on top which would probably mostly disappear with some oil and elbow grease.  Both woofer cones have the smallest of dimples.  Grill has a couple cracks on the plastic webbed ribs (nothing visible from the front though) and a tiny pick on the fabric.  Original packaging.
  2. RF-7 II cherry, pair ($900) - condition 8/10...small scratch on top of one speaker, otherwise pretty clean. Original packaging.
  3. Odyssey Stratos, monoblock pair ($2000) - condition 8/10...180W into 8Ω, left channel has a couple little scratches on top, a small ding near one of the case screws on top, and a couple of the rubber feet on bottom have small chunks out of them.  Right channel has only a tiny speck/chip on the faceplate.  All cosmetic issues have accompanying pictures.  In full disclosure, I wanted to test every item prior to listing.  After a bit of enthusiastic listening, the right channel dropped out.  I turned the amp off and tried it the next day and all was well.  It happened one more time so I physically checked the connections and it came back in.  I reached out to the manufacturer (20 year warranty, transferable to 2nd owner) describing the issue and he was not too concerned (the amp has fuses and resetting current protection devices on inputs and outputs); if it happens again or with frequency then he would be willing to do further evaluation.  Original packaging.
  4. Oppo BDP-83 ($275) - condition 9/10...I found in the paperwork that original owner returned for an issue with the disc tray drive mechanism that was fixed.  Original packaging and manuals.
  5. DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core processor ($500) - condition 9/10...volume control, auto-eq functions to correct for room modes, includes original accessories microphone.  Original packaging.
  6. Sangean HDT-20 HD radio source ($100) - condition 9/10...original packaging and accessories.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've had some casual queries but nothing serious.  Asking price too high?  I get it re. the electronics but is the market soft on the older Reference stuff?  I would appreciate your opinions as I'm trying to help out a friend's family with these but have been out of the 'scene' for years.  If it wasn't clear from the original post I'm willing to consider your best offers.  Thanks all.

Don't think the speakers are out of line but location sometimes.

You could do as you just did with

Best offers. That and either bundling the speakers at a discount, or just knocking a little off of the speakers gets potential buyers off the fence.

Also,.keeping this on the radar by bumping this advert should work.

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, you are a good friend for helping out the family. All your prices seem pretty good, especially the Rf7lls. Like others have said, location is always an issue. With you good prices on excellent gear, someone local or someone willing to travel will eventually buy these. Those RF7lls had an msrp of $3200 until about two years ago, when the RF7lll model came out, and they went up $600. They are exceptional speakers. Is @Matrixx9 watching this thread?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, you are a good friend for helping out the family. All your prices seem pretty good, especially the Rf7lls. Like others have said, location is always an issue. With you good prices on excellent gear, someone local or someone willing to travel will eventually buy these. Those RF7lls had an msrp of $3200 until about two years ago, when the RF7lll model came out, and they went up $600. They are exceptional speakers. Is @Matrixx9 watching this thread?

Yes thank you and BillyBob for looking out for me.   I have A-line on 2 cherry perfect   RF7 originals plus and RC7 cherry original for 600  That Billy Bob turn me on to.. But if that go sour in a week I would be very intrested  Thank you so much

• Like 1