Dennis Had SE w/volume control // SOLD

richieb

9 hours ago, BuddyOllie said:

I'm torn between this amp and a Rachael Amp by Decware for my Cornwall I speakers. 

This Dennis Had Inspire amp would be great with your Cornwall speakers, and it's an excellent price.  Recommended.

34 minutes ago, BuddyOllie said:

Fisher 500c.

Mmm, nice. I've wanted one for a while but I'm always too slow when on the rare occasion an already restored one comes available here. I'm sure you'll enjoy the inspire. I've heard one with the lp preamp at a buddy's house a couple of years ago running on some flavor of vintage Altec speakers. It has a very nice voice!

39 minutes ago, BuddyOllie said:

I'm going to go for it. I'm curious to see how it will compare to my Fisher 500c. 

Compare yes.....compete no.....two completely different animals.  Looking forward to your impressions.

The 500C is one of my favorite vintage tube receivers.  I've had several and still own one that powers my LSI splits.

7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Compare yes.....compete no.....two completely different animals.  Looking forward to your impressions.

The 500C is one of my favorite vintage tube receivers.  I've had several and still own one that powers my LSI splits.

I love my 500c. I've had a fair amount of vintage receivers but it's definitely the best.

You're saying that they're just too different to really compete against each other, right? Not that one is necessarily better. I'm looking forward to trying to A/B them. I think I'll need to save up for a better pre amp for the Dennis Had, if the sale goes through. 

11 minutes ago, mojomc said:

Mmm, nice. I've wanted one for a while but I'm always too slow when on the rare occasion an already restored one comes available here. I'm sure you'll enjoy the inspire. I've heard one with the lp preamp at a buddy's house a couple of years ago running on some flavor of vintage Altec speakers. It has a very nice voice!

I got lucky and found a local member of audiokarma who was selling a restored one near me for 650. One of the better deals I've made. 

29 minutes ago, BuddyOllie said:

I love my 500c. I've had a fair amount of vintage receivers but it's definitely the best.

You're saying that they're just too different to really compete against each other, right? Not that one is necessarily better. I'm looking forward to trying to A/B them. I think I'll need to save up for a better pre amp for the Dennis Had, if the sale goes through. 

Yes, exactly. They are very different. And they are both very good.

3 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Yes, exactly. They are very different. And they are both very good.

Unfortunately someone bought the amp before I had a chance to send payment. But that's life, I'll just to have to save up and try to buy one new some day.