Bluesound Node 2i Streamer/Dac

Fido

I just added a Bluesound Node Streamer to my setup and think for the $$$ it sounds damn good. I love my vinyl collection and my Cds but its so obvious that streaming Tidal and Spotify etc... are NOW and the FUTURE. Endless amounts of music at your fingertips and the Node 2i sounds very good streaming MQA via Tidal.

• Like 3

hi..I was used blusound n2i is my system Marantz AV7705(pre-amp)+ monolith 11x + klipsch speakers 

for me the DAC inside marantz Av7705 sound much better Dac N2i ..but tell me about your experience 

with n2i ..what system is connect? I am tried to used in amazon music hd for hi res 24/192 khz ..and 

want to know if you connect to external DAc?

My Node2i is connected to an Emotiva DC-1 dac  via coaxial and rca's. Can listen to the DC-1 when coax is selected or Node2i dac when analog is selected. I stream Tidal mostly.

I find the 2 dacs very close with the Node a lil warmer but a lil less detailed. I usually listen from DC-1 dac but if the source recording seems  bright i'll switch to the Node.

The rest of my gear is in my sig. 

Oddly, 9 times out of 10 I prefer the CD quality version over the MQA versions on Tidal.

• Thanks 1

I switched from Tidal to Amazon HD and for 99% of songs I don't notice a difference.  I'm running Node2i via optical and rca (so i can switch between Node Dac or my Parasound P6+) I'm running dual jbl 18" bass bins with the jbl 2446h on jbl horns for high frequency (very high sensitivity) and can only tell a difference on very few songs.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, RadBlue said:

My Node2i is connected to an Emotiva DC-1 dac  via coaxial and rca's. Can listen to the DC-1 when coax is selected or Node2i dac when analog is selected. I stream Tidal mostly.

I find the 2 dacs very close with the Node a lil warmer but a lil less detailed. I usually listen from DC-1 dac but if the source recording seems  bright i'll switch to the Node.

The rest of my gear is in my sig. 

Oddly, 9 times out of 10 I prefer the CD quality version over the MQA versions on Tidal.

wow! awesome system ...my music is only streaming , amazon music hd  running 7.2.4 ..i like to add node 2i but when I connected last  time in my MARANTZ AV 7705 (premap) sound was cool but not like MARANTZ. question how you connect node 2i in you system ? do you have a  external DAC? for example node 2i  via coaxial to Emotiva DC-1  RCA to speakers ? ypou using DAC emotiva or DAC node2 i? tell me about your  experience?

I personally really like the Marantz DACs and sound. I would say not to add anything unless you are feeling you are missing something.  I have marantz sr7012 in living room system and love the sound.  My dedicated listening room I went with Parasound for 2 channel listening.  Ive contemplated switching to marantz but am liking the Parasound sound too.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kalifornian said:

I switched from Tidal to Amazon HD and for 99% of songs I don't notice a difference.  I'm running Node2i via optical and rca (so i can switch between Node Dac or my Parasound P6+) I'm running dual jbl 18" bass bins with the jbl 2446h on jbl horns for high frequency (very high sensitivity) and can only tell a difference on very few songs.

I have amazon music HD  premium is awesome quality 24/192 khz but I can't  use my playlist in HEOS app I looking streaming DAC ..I was node 2i but for me dac inside marantz av7705 is much better than DAc node 2 i ..may be my connection was wrong..tell me your experience?  

7 hours ago, angelluisg said:

wow! primaluna evo 400 looks  exotic, robust and classic looks in the picture congrats ..

I actually think the DACS in the Node2i sound pretty damned good playing mostly Tidal. I had a Mcintosh Hybrid Integrated amp the MA252 and it sounded very good but the Primaluna EVO 400 is in another world. My Klipsch Fortes have never sounded anywhere near this AMAZING!!!!