Neil Peart dies at 67

richieb

19 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Rest in Peace, Neil. The greatest drummer I have ever seen or heard. And a fantastic lyricist. Amazing talent. Thank god for the Holy Trinity of Rock 'n roll!

Shocked!  Had no clue.  Brought me to tears, still.

Bill

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

} Peart was also an avid motorcyclist, BMW GS Adventure bikes in particular. He and tour staffers would ride to tour destinations instead of buses, when time/distance allowed. 

His book about 'finding' himself after his daughter died is a revealing read. He spent a long time cycling around North America in search of peace.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

His book about 'finding' himself after his daughter died is a revealing read. He spent a long time cycling around North America in search of peace.

I am holding that book right now.

"Ghost Rider"

41Y6QD-7IgL._SX342_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Bill

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Rush is a band that means more to me than most. I am really hit hard by this. Darnnit

I feel you.  I am not a drummer or a musician but I can sure recognize greatness/talent.  Glen Frey, David Bowie, Prince, Tom Petty, all took a part of my heart but this has cRUSHed it.

Bill

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

} Peart was also an avid motorcyclist, BMW GS Adventure bikes in particular. He and tour staffers would ride to tour destinations instead of buses, when time/distance allowed. 

Saw a concert footage/introspective on the band last year sometime on a music channel. He was talking about a foot issue that started with them getting wet an a looooong ride. Seen sentiments expressed here that mirror my own. They are one of my faves!

• Like 2

Saw them warm up for Kiss in the early 70's and with 2112 became a hardcore fan. I'm lucky I guess in that I saw them 20+ times.

For one concert the warm up band did not show up so Geddy came out and apologized and then asked if it would be okay if RUSH played both sets - 3.5 hours of music, they did have a break in the middle for 20 minutes. Professionals in every sense, I feel a personal loss with this. The most amazing talented band I ever saw, Heaven is an even better place now.

• Like 5

Rush is the only band that, once I saw them the first time, I saw them EVERY time they were near. And they were road warriors. So many times. In 1997, I took my young son to The Gorge in George, Wa for one, only his second rock show ever. We are mourning together. But we have that shared memory.

• Like 2

Too bad, good writer and really good drummer. He had some tough times for a guy with so much. There was a time after I saw 2112 tour that I was a mega fan. I still love that era Rush music, after......ehh.......RIP

• Like 4