What is your Remote worth?

MC39693

I have 2 Velodyne DD10 subs, both purchased used, local and about 1 year apart. One piano black the other “cherry” (not my fav). The only other difference is one had a full accessory kit the other was missing the Remote. There are lots of configuration options the remote helps you select. I have downloaded the commands to a universal remote, but the OEM one is better. The price difference I paid was $50.  After years of searching I have found a used remote. You guessed it, $50 (plus shipping). I guess that’s the price of a / the remote.

Although the value of not having to leave the couch/listening chair and your Scotch unattended to tweak one’s sub woofer should not be questioned.

What’s your remote worth?

My SVS SB-3000 sub has a phone app to adjust everything from low pass cut off frequency and gain, to equalizer settings and DSP config. Or basic settings locally on its rear panel. 

But remotes are very valuable to me. All settings and adjustments are available via my newer Yamaha AVR remote. Eight committed "Scene" presets too, for diff input sources. Its owner's manual is 186 pages printed. The digital realm is freakin awesome.

Over the years I have amassed dozens of pieces of NAD equipment on the used market. 

Rarely any of them came with remotes. A universal did the volume, but little else.

When I finally found a one solution OEM NAD remote on eBay for $60 local-ish pickup, it was not optional to purchase it.

My “feedback” on the transaction was “Finally I can play with my NADS all day!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use a Harmony to replace just about any remote ,just type in unit name and number $25. After I get the harmony loaded I then program with learn feature my HT master. It's  been my favorite and bullit proof for 15 years. I have 4 of em. $40 or so..

• Like 2

• Moderators

25$, well that's what I paid, used receiver  did not come with one. I like it just for the volume and mute, everything for 2 ch is manual. no remote possible. 

But it really is worth more than the 25$ when I don't have to get up to adjust volume.

• Like 1

As kids, especially in the winter with the dry inside air, we would fight over whose turn it was to change the channel on the television.  The goal was for it not to be your turn, because you were inevitably rewarded with a hefty static electrical zap when you touched the dial...

• Haha 1