Lets move the wall she said

Foxman

On 1/12/2020 at 7:44 AM, Foxman said:

We also upgraded from a 50" Sansung to a Sony 65" XBR65XR900F.

IMG_3796.thumb.jpg.2fc323a68c63fb313bd2e63e79dd9e79.jpg

IMG_3804.jpg

IMG_3826.jpg

Looks familiar. I removed almost 40' of walls in my home 2 years ago. Made a huge difference in looks and comfort. 800' of hardwood floors did make a difference in the sound, but some treatments helped a lot. Your finished room looks great.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, babadono said:

box says Forte, his post said CW, just asking for clarification.

Yeah, I purchased some "B" stock Cornwall 3's and the freight company gouged them with a forklift. The 3's were gone, I neglected to unwrap the boxes and didn't note the damage it was a big mess. Couldn't swing the 4's, ended up with "A" stock Forte's and will be thrilled with them... but man I wish I could have worked it out on the Corns. Not to be, at least not today. I have some older 1's in my basement that I will try to use as a 2 channel system, but everything is up in the air.

18 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Looks familiar. I removed almost 40' of walls in my home 2 years ago. Made a huge difference in looks and comfort. 800' of hardwood floors did make a difference in the sound, but some treatments helped a lot. Your finished room looks great.

WOW! 800' of hardwoods is serious $$. Thanks for the comment on the room. I have been really concerned about room treatment, but the Mrs. bought a nice size rug with a good and think pad which should take care of a lot of my concern. Window treatment (blinds) should also diffuse the sound nicely. Add in the furniture and some back wall artifacts, and I am thinking it will all be okay.

2 hours ago, Foxman said:

WOW! 800' of hardwoods is serious $$. Thanks for the comment on the room. I have been really concerned about room treatment, but the Mrs. bought a nice size rug with a good and think pad which should take care of a lot of my concern. Window treatment (blinds) should also diffuse the sound nicely. Add in the furniture and some back wall artifacts, and I am thinking it will all be okay.

The way I look at it....even if I lost a little bit of sound quality, I more than made up for it in practicality and comfort. My home looks much more modern with one large room instead of two smaller ones, and being open into the kitchen makes it seem even bigger. I bought laminated flooring and installed it myself, I actually did all the work myself. My living room now is 28'x24'. I even built the wood mantle on top of a new cultured stone fireplace front.

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 1/28/2020 at 4:45 PM, Ceptorman said:

I actually did all the work myself. My living room now is 28'x24'. I even built the wood mantle on top of a new cultured stone fireplace front.

BS it's not true, no way..........................OK I just wanted to see a pic since ours is a little smaller and also open to the kitchen and dining room. :blush:

On 1/28/2020 at 7:58 AM, Foxman said:

Yeah, I purchased some "B" stock Cornwall 3's and the freight company gouged them with a forklift. The 3's were gone, I neglected to unwrap the boxes and didn't note the damage it was a big mess. Couldn't swing the 4's, ended up with "A" stock Forte's and will be thrilled with them... but man I wish I could have worked it out on the Corns. Not to be, at least not today. I have some older 1's in my basement that I will try to use as a 2 channel system, but everything is up in the air.

I should have my Super Cornwall 2.0 Modification to a Cornwall 1 in a few months. You may want to consider that when it's done.

16 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I should have my Super Cornwall 2.0 Modification to a Cornwall 1 in a few months. You may want to consider that when it's done.

I have a quote from Mr. Crites, if I can stash them in the basement... out of sight out of mind type of thing, then I might be able to sneak up on a super Corn. At least that is what I think he quoted me.

His quote was for a new pair of B-2 crossovers. CT120 tweeters. The A-55G Mids — midrange horn to driver gaskets & the CW1526C Cast Aluminum Frame Woofers.  

On 1/12/2020 at 5:55 AM, Pete H said:

This should make you feel better about your remodeling.  LOL

Ceilings Coming Down.JPG

I just spent a lot of time in my attic getting ready to add a few more layers of fiberglass batting.  I wear a respirator (at my wife's insistence - she is smarter then me) and I keep complaining about all of the fine dust that has collected.  Gets everywhere and if you breath it your nose runs constantly and the coughing starts.

I think that I will stop complaining. 

• Moderators
On 1/31/2020 at 8:07 PM, Ceptorman said:

Here’s the fireplace/mantle I built 

Looks great, nice work.

On 2/2/2020 at 1:09 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Nice work but you need a level...you built it sideways.

Even a square could have got it closer. :o Looks fine when lying on the floor, he did that so all the ashes fall to one side and make it easier to clean.

Ya know we can't help it