KT88 valve arts

mopardave

PSvane have several levels of kt's... not sure which you are comparing them to.

I would think not as there are several chinese factories knocking these out... but I could be wrong. I think PSvane are about the highest quality tubes coming out of China these days... Valve Arts, not so much

5 hours ago, Schu said:

PSvane have several levels of kt's... not sure which you are comparing them to.

I would think not as there are several chinese factories knocking these out... but I could be wrong. I think PSvane are about the highest quality tubes coming out of China these days... Valve Arts, not so much

Ok, just curious.  I have the Hi Fi PSvanes that came in my amp.  Not a bad tube. I had the black glass PSvanes and one failed a month ago.  Years ago I had a quad of el34 valve arts in my other amp. They were a very good tube.   Need to order another pair of KT88's and thought I might try the VA's again, but don't want to get the same tubes I already have.

9 hours ago, NOSValves said:

Dave order them from www.tubesandmore.com they do a decent matching with Ampex tube tester.  

Good to hear from you Craig and thanks for that.  You might remember the EL34 VA's as I think I got them from you or you suggested them. They were a great sounding tube and lasted along time in my Chinese junk.   That was almost 20yrs ago now, man, time flies.    I have ordered from tubesandmore in the past, good dealer.    I just ordered a pair of GL KT88 from WPC1896 off Ebay to try.  Was gonna order from upscale audio, but i'm broke as a joke right after Christmas and needed to safe a little.   Will check with tubesandmore for the VA's.