Does Klipsch make IEM's anymore? (similar to the old Custom 3)

Coytee

Had a pair of Custom 3's....  liked them......they were going to discontinue them so I bought a spare.

Today, my original pair are starting to get spotty in one ear.  I fear I'm getting a frayed wire inside.  That and the back missing of the left and some other issues, I might bring out my backup pair (still in box, unopened from around 12 years ago!!!)

Got me realizing that once I open the new pair, I will probably snag them in a heartbeat and ruin them in much faster time than these.  Got me wondering what I'll do when the new pair go out of business on me.

Got to looking and so far, can't even find an in-ear pair.  Do they still make anything like that?

Here's how it will be used.....  as some/most might know, I spend time on my (toy) industrial backhoe or tractor.  Something like 90 HP and 125 hp each.....and both with straight pipes.

So, I put my IEM's into my head to listen to something, then OVER them, I place some high quality over-ear's to reduce overall outside noise.

Works great.  When time comes to replace these and make a purchase, I don't want something that's on the ear....  nor, one of those old (what I call "sticks") that go into the ear....I want them as flush as possible so my OVER ear muff's will fit.

Does Klipsch still make an animal like that or do I try to get 12 years out of my still in box pair, then decide I'm too old for the backhoe and tractor and get rid of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 9:40 PM, Schu said:

McLaren and klipsch... who would have thought

Are these the ones that will be debuting later in the year?  When I ordered my Klipsch Reference BT Over-Ear headphones, the customer service rep said Klipsch will be releasing a Reference like pair later this year.  He seemed very excited about it and told me to be on the look out.

Bill