Any difference RP-250F vs RP-280F at same volume?

JoelArt

I have the chance to upgrade from RP-250F to RP-280F, I don't listen to extreme volume and I have a 17m2 room, is there any benefit or audible differences to the larger speaker when listening to moderate volumes.

PS. I have a subwoofer so anything below 40hz isn't of critical importance.

14 minutes ago, moray james said:

for moderate level no not much difference but the smaller loudspeaker will have a distinct advantage in that it will stage and image better than the larger model will.

So, staging/imaging is being able to easily tell the placement of instruments? I this a general rule for smaller speakers in the same series with the same construction?

PS. I might even think the imaging on my RP-250F are a bit to precise as minute head movements drastically changes the phantom center of character dialogues in my 2.1 setup when compared to the more smeared image on my old Audioengine A5 desktop speakers.

So, staging/imaging is being able to easily tell the placement of instruments? Is this a general rule for smaller speakers in the same series with the same construction?

Let say the smaller speaker will have a sharper focus with respect to stage and image. Smaller woofers will act more like a point source. Short of seeing your set up I cannot respond to your last comment. When image is twitchy that is generally due to VERY directional loudspeakers and not wide dispersion speakers.

Got the 280F a day ago, and yes they give a bit more body to the sound, especially the bottom end hold up better the more you raise the volume simply due to the larger speaker body I guess. The listening sweet spot is definitely more forgiving over the 250F. Perhaps 260F would have sufficed if they had still been available where I live but the 280F is even more capable so loss here.

Edited by JoelArt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...