Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Shiva

Epic CF4's, Down In Florida, $1100

Recommended Posts

On 1/14/2020 at 5:05 PM, Emile said:

:(  not a good day :(  12 x 5 foot window (3 sections) is almost 2 inches short (height) ... do not feel like speaker shopping today :( 

Maybe just add in an extra sill plate (1-1/2") to fill the void?

Best of luck with the project!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Arrow#422 said:

Maybe just add in an extra sill plate (1-1/2") to fill the void?

Yeah ... temporary ... getting new (haha, bigger) windows to replace them :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up gents.

The seller has shown me 1 photo of a faded out serial number.  The serial shows the first 3 digits which is day of year and then a 5 before it fades.  The 5 would be followed by a 9 in a Y2Y1 format. This places it as a Version 3 CF-4 since its late 95.  Note also the "CF-4- M" and then a faded E which looks to be MEDIUM OAK and not cherry.  That dash after CF-4 seems to be only used on version 3 dates placed exactly above the 5 or 6 of Y2, though i cant confirm if late version 2(early 95) have that second dash as well.  Every 94 serial examined on the net has no dash after CF-4.  One possibility is that the seller has a mismatched pair, 1 cherry of a different date and possibly earlier version and 1 medium oak version 3.  Both of which have the longer ports added which is a simple modification to make.

Seller has not given any more photos of the second speakers serial number and said he could not see internal wiring, only assumed based on port tube length. "I couldn’t see any wires but it is a version one With the longer port tubes so should have ofc clear  cabling according to all the forums "

This is not to offend the seller in any way, Only giving heads up to potential buyers that at least 1 of these speakers are not version 1 or 2 cabinet.  The horns also do look darker than the gray horns of version 1 or 2, but lighting can differ so that's not a solid proof of anything. Also don't think the seller is aware, so no blame on him. 

a54eecf228355b8dde89780afbc2ec3f.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 8:08 PM, Maximus89 said:

Just a heads up gents.

The seller has shown me 1 photo of a faded out serial number.  The serial shows the first 3 digits which is day of year and then a 5 before it fades.  The 5 would be followed by a 9 in a Y2Y1 format. This places it as a Version 3 CF-4 since its late 95.  Note also the "CF-4- M" and then a faded E which looks to be MEDIUM OAK and not cherry.  That dash after CF-4 seems to be only used on version 3 dates placed exactly above the 5 or 6 of Y2, though i cant confirm if late version 2(early 95) have that second dash as well.  Every 94 serial examined on the net has no dash after CF-4.  One possibility is that the seller has a mismatched pair, 1 cherry of a different date and possibly earlier version and 1 medium oak version 3.  Both of which have the longer ports added which is a simple modification to make.

Seller has not given any more photos of the second speakers serial number and said he could not see internal wiring, only assumed based on port tube length. "I couldn’t see any wires but it is a version one With the longer port tubes so should have ofc clear  cabling according to all the forums "

This is not to offend the seller in any way, Only giving heads up to potential buyers that at least 1 of these speakers are not version 1 or 2 cabinet.  The horns also do look darker than the gray horns of version 1 or 2, but lighting can differ so that's not a solid proof of anything. Also don't think the seller is aware, so no blame on him. 

 

 

It's always hard to tell from just one photo, but at this angle the numbers look to me like they have been wiped away with a cleaner or solvent rather than faded by the sun. Again, it could just be a quirk of this photo. There are a lot of earlier Heritage pieces that have fading on the inked part of the label, but fortunately many of those have duplicate serial numbers stamped into the cabinets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may be an issue or two with that ad, please stay tuned.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

There may be an issue or two with that ad, please stay tuned.

They show sold in the ad.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 11:08 PM, Maximus89 said:

Note also the "CF-4- M" and then a faded E which looks to be MEDIUM OAK and not cherry.

Yep. I had some Cherry CF4 and they were a lot more red than golden. Looks like the Oak might have been Tiger Striped. 

 

 

2542809-klipsch-epic-cf-4.thumb.jpg.489facaafe0a4ad972c9c5b06a964e1c.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

Shiva you are not affiliated with sale correct 

Nope, just a found item cruising that site.  I noticed it sold a little while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stpetersburgbuyselltrade/permalink/2503295956596521/?sale_post_id=2503295956596521

 

The speakers are Med Oak. My fault. The guy on usaaudiomart is listing my speakers while trying to negotiate to buy them. They were made in 95. I figure ver 3. They are no longer for sale as I decided to keep them and sell my CF-1s. I do NOT blame anyone on the Klipsch forums for the misinformation. I do blame the guy running the ad for trying to sell something he didn’t own.

 

Have a great Klipsch day.

 

FlaPapa

Florida Papa

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Flapapa523 said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stpetersburgbuyselltrade/permalink/2503295956596521/?sale_post_id=2503295956596521

 

The speakers are Med Oak. My fault. The guy on usaaudiomart is listing my speakers while trying to negotiate to buy them. They were made in 95. I figure ver 3. They are no longer for sale as I decided to keep them and sell my CF-1s. I do NOT blame anyone on the Klipsch forums for the misinformation. I do blame the guy running the ad for trying to sell something he didn’t own.

 

Have a great Klipsch day.

 

FlaPapa

Florida Papa

Thank you for pointing that out, good to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Flapapa523 said:

Florida Papa

Welcome to the forum. There has been talk about your chair in a different thread. 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Flapapa523 said:

Hmmm. Really. Can you point me to it?

 

Can't right now, but from what I recall, it looked comfortable without high armrests like someone could lay down on it. 

 

What I want to know is what G series Sansui is that? 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Flapapa523 said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/stpetersburgbuyselltrade/permalink/2503295956596521/?sale_post_id=2503295956596521

 

The speakers are Med Oak. My fault. The guy on usaaudiomart is listing my speakers while trying to negotiate to buy them. They were made in 95. I figure ver 3. They are no longer for sale as I decided to keep them and sell my CF-1s. I do NOT blame anyone on the Klipsch forums for the misinformation. I do blame the guy running the ad for trying to sell something he didn’t own.

 

Have a great Klipsch day.

 

FlaPapa

Florida Papa

Forgot to mention you can sell on here in garage sale section, they will go to good home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Can't right now, but from what I recall, it looked comfortable without high armrests like someone could lay down on it. 

 

What I want to know is what G series Sansui is that? 

Seems you have me confused with someone else.  FlaSon maybe? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...