“Klipsch Killer” speakers?

Chiliarches

16 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I will take gentle disagreements with the other posts here, as Mr. @Chiliarches opinion most closely matches mine.

I'm looking at those speakers as a DIY project trying to gain some selling traction off the reflected glory by comparing them to Khorns.  Nobody knows what those things sound like so you have to sell the sizzle, not the steak.

Most of us DIY'ers know that if we have $500 in parts then when trying to re-sell them they are worth AT MOST the cost of the drivers.  The Seller is trying recoup his money for drivers and time.  That's really hard to do for a $1500 one-off DIY project.

As I build a lot of DIY with high end parts, I don't see anything there that would make me think he is trying to recoup parts cost for that price.  Additionally you can state exaggerated sound claims but don't state bogus specs.  That just points out that you are looking to dump the items onto someone who is not knowledgeable in the subject.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pzannucci said:

As I build a lot of DIY with high end parts, I don't see anything there that would make me think he is trying to recoup parts cost for that price. 

Additionally you can state exaggerated sound claims but don't state bogus specs. 

That just points out that you are looking to dump the items onto someone who is not knowledgeable in the subject.

I was trying to give the Seller the benefit of the doubt Peter, but I think you make good points that are not refutable.  I think you've convinced me.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Randyh said:

do you think this type of modification would be an improvement to the bass of a heresy with a K22 -

If I were to  go to that much trouble, I believe I'd just build new cabinets altogether and get the mid/tweeter up higher like the Forte and Tangents.  I wouldn't have some odd ball add on cabinet in the back.  Also, he is using some model of M&K woofers in there that might even be from a sub cabinet?  Who knows...

• Like 1