“Klipsch Killer” speakers?

Chiliarches

Excuse my ignorance, but I ran across a listing on Craigslist and I am very curious what members of the forum think of it...the claims seem a little unbelievable:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ele/d/lake-forest-custom-pro-built-klipsch/7054606285.html

My basic question - the seller claims these were designed to “compete” with Klipschorns.   But I thought the larger horn of the Klipschorn would basically make a Cornwall-esque design like this one objectively inferior, no matter what quality of parts are used.  Is it actually possible to make a design like this comparable to K-horns in distortion, quality of bass, etc?

• Like 1

"They have never been abused and only powered by two large Jolida tube amps that were never clipped."

This reminds of the classic used car salesman's pitch: "Only driven to church on Sundays by a little old lady, never above the 25 MPH speed limit."

LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those tweeters appear to be EV ST-350 (A or B )  As per my memory (and some of the literature I've seen and I suppose, have)

The correct orientation for those drivers is with the bulge top/bottom verses side to side.  I want to say their dispersion is 90x90 so it might not really matter......then again, I don't know that I remember that correctly.

I have no clue about the midrange horn/driver but in my book, the tweeter is correct as is.

Couple PDF's of the owners manual of their Interface D which used this driver.

7.jpg

18.jpg

" and EV Pro Series ST350A Horn tweeters that are far more efficient and have 4 times the power handling capability than the Klipsch tweeters."

I was always under the impression that the ST350 A/B used the same motor as the T-35/K77, with a different lens attached to it.

"IF" that is correct, wouldn't they have similar power handling  (if we presume same crossover point)  ???

I may certainly be wrong about them having the same motor.  Maybe it's just the same diaphragm.

I don't know....  I'm going to go eat some almonds.