Klipsch KPT-904 For Sale on US Audiomart

bkwa1959

Got in touch with this guy (very nice) to grab all three pair for my brother-in-law and myself.  He said he had to talk to another potential buyer first because the guy was on the fence purchasing these, just to be fair.  Potential buyer immediately puts the money down and buys the 3 pair after hearing there are other buyers.

Oh well.  It's nice to see honest people out there and I comend him for that.

By the way he has 1 set left and those are the ones on EBay.  I know he said he had 3 pair, but it's actually 4 pair.

So, possible turn of events, I maybe back in the running to get the 3 pair again. 

I offered $1500 for three pair.  Do you all feel that is a good deal even though the cabinets will need to be refurbished along with new crossover from Crites?

Thanks

Yes I would spend that on 3 pairs. The LF cabs look to have the preferred drivers. The CD looks like the 1132 best I can tell which is a great driver. Throw some duratex on them build a box for the top section like @Emiledid and build some nice grills. The 904 is one of my favorite speakers. Good luck!

• Like 1

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on the pro line up, but did all 904's come with a 510 lens?  I keep seeing past post that say "kpt-904's with 510's" and wonder if they also came with a different HF horn.

Do the above 904 bins have the 510 on top?  I believe they do but want to be sure.

16 hours ago, risingjay said:

I offered $1500 for three pair.  Do you all feel that is a good deal even though the cabinets will need to be refurbished along with new crossover from Crites?

It's been a while since I looked it up, but I recall from several years ago that the price of a single was $1500 from Klipsch (not including shipping).  I'm sure the prices are higher now.  So yeah, provided it's legit and they are in working condition, that's a downright steal!

@risingjay  Dd the guy mention where they came from?  I was watching a sound company auction in Cleveland about 5-6 weeks ago and they had quite a few that sold.  A BUNCH of them that were filthy just like those in the ebay photo.  1 guy bought the lot w/a couple sound boards.  They went fairly cheap considering.  I just shook my head seeing them all.  Just what I needed to do right before Xmas.  Rent a truck drive to Cleveland and load up a bunch of those things to drag home.  Ugh.  I'm thinking like 10 pair w/the two boards went for about $3k.  Then there were more maybe 16 showing as individuals.  Think they went for about $100 each.  They also sold 5-6 sound racks full but sold each item and you had to remove & battle w/morons.  Crowns, dbx but EVERY thing was OLD gear and not worth what it went for.  Everything was as is and untested too.  I was too busy buying stage curtains for here, which I never did buy.  lol  Erie is only a couple hours East of Cleveland so wondering a bit.  I'm sure a lot of it was or will be flipped by buyers.  Those could have come from a cinema though.  Who knows?  Would be one heck of a Bingo system!  hahahaha

@Dave1290 The guy did say they came out of a theater that shut down.  Him and his wife wanted to start a movie theater in Erie but the building he thought he had secured ended up giving the lease to someone else. I'll find out if they came from Cleveland.  I bet they did.

He seems like a very nice guy and said that all the gear he bought worked, so hopefully everything goes well.  It will be a nice road trip (7 hrs.) for my brother-in-law and I.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, risingjay said:

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on the pro line up, but did all 904's come with a 510 lens?  I keep seeing past post that say "kpt-904's with 510's" and wonder if they also came with a different HF horn.

Do the above 904 bins have the 510 on top?  I believe they do but want to be sure.

Yes the 904 utilizes the K510 horn, those look to be the correct horn.

• Like 1

Just bought them.  3 pair plus one. 

My Bro-in-law will take 3, me 2 and we'll figure out what to do with the other two later.  

Figure we'll make a project out of fixing them up.  It helps that he lives next door to me.  Unfortunately I have to break the news to my wife today that we bought them!

• Haha 2

I get home, kiss my wife hello, she says "could you grill the hot dogs tonight?"  I say "Only if you let me go to Pennsylvania on Saturday."  She says "I already know."

My sister-in-law told her about everything!  My wife was very cool about it and I'm glad my sister-in-law told her we're buying the 904's.  She's a great sister.

But guess what she wants for dinner? Yep...A ribeye and a N.Y. strip.

Do I know my wife?  God I love her!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, risingjay said:

I get home, kiss my wife hello, she says "could you grill the hot dogs tonight?"  I say "Only if you let me go to Pennsylvania on Saturday."  She says "I already know."

My sister-in-law told her about everything!  My wife was very cool about it and I'm glad my sister-in-law told her we're buying the 904's.  She's a great sister.

But guess what she wants for dinner? Yep...A ribeye and a N.Y. strip.

Do I know my wife?  God I love her!

} A ribeye And a strip? Damn - you should have shopped for Jubilees — 😏

• Haha 2