Sales/Business Development Manager, looking to make a career change

K5SS

After 8+ years working for a company/people that I love, it’s time for a career change. I am making about as much as the current company can pay me and truth be told, I’ve never been passionate about Real estate. Good at it, yes. Passionate about it, no. 

I have 20+ years of customer service/outside sales experience. I am currently the Business Development Manager for a successful real estate/property management firm.

I have excellent references and a proven sales history. I also have a resume ready to share. 

Ideal role would be a territory sales manager/brand ambassador. Would be willing to move for the right position/company. I am currently living in the Seattle area. 

I would love to turn my home audio passion and sales experience into a career but I know those opportunities are few and far between so I am pretty open at this point. 

I wasn’t going to post this but I felt you fine people might be looking/know someone that might looking for a professional sales representative. It felt like a mistake, to not post this here, especially since many of you appear to be pretty successful and happy. 

Long shot, I know but you know the old saying, ”you’ll never get, what you don’t ask for.”

I hope I make not violating and forum rules by posting this but I will remove if needed.

Thank you all in advance! 

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With your 20+ years of customer service and outside sales experience, you have a strong foundation to excel in various roles. Being a territory sales manager or brand ambassador sounds like a great fit, and your willingness to relocate for the right position demonstrates your dedication.
By the way, if you're looking to enhance your job search, you might want to consider ways to improve on-page SEO for your resume and online profiles. Optimizing relevant keywords and showcasing your skills and achievements can increase your visibility to potential employers.

Edited by KylieWatson

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's looking for a career change, I'd suggest tailoring your resume: Highlight your sales accomplishments and transferrable skills that are relevant to the roles you're interested in. Customizing your resume for each application can make a big difference.

• Like 1