Might buy Klipsch r-51m bookshelf speaker but with what receiver?

Deckard75

I might buy the Klipsch r-51m bookshelf speaker but I am not very knowledgeable about audio tech. I was thinking to hook up those Klipsch with a Denon receiver, the Denon AV Receiver Audio & Video Component Receiver (AVRS540BT). Here is the link to the receiver. On Amazon it says it has 140 watts per channel. I am not really sure how to match it. Can someone offer their opinion on this. I am looking at this receiver and speaker combo because of a limited budget.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nitrofan said:

I bought that exact receiver a few months ago just as a cheap option to get by with until I found a better avr. But I am so impressed with its performance I haven't looked for a better replacement.  I am confident It will be a fine combo. 

Thanks for your reply.

What speakers do you use with the Denon receiver?

Amazon says the Klipsch r-51m bookshelf speaker is rated at 85 watts continuous and 340 watt peak, I am just trying to make sure one or the other is not too powerful for the other.  And again thanks because I have no knowledge of anything audio tech.

It appears as though that amplifier is available factory fresh (and with full warranty versus not?) for less than $100 more.

At any rate, it's truer (more useful) rating was I believe 70 per channel when only two channels are used, and that figure meshes nicely with those speakers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help and replies.

So now I have another question. Will the Klipsch R-41M work well with the same Denon receiver? I really do not know how to gauge this kind of thing so your help is much appreciated.

I am looking to use them for music as front left and right speakers with the Denon receiver. Just those two speakers nothing else. This is for use in a small apartment.

I purchased the RM-41 three weeks ago along with  a Yamaha RX-V485 receiver. I had an old Klipsch sub laying around, added that and I am very happy.  As dtel stated you will want to add a subwoofer. I purchased two more RM-41’s for rears. I have a family room 12 x 20 and the sound fills the room. I think you will be happy with these. They do require some break in time, anywhere from20-40 hours.  They are a little short on bass, thus the need for the subwoofer. Good Luck.