RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "

MicroMara

I got my AQ cables back last week and put the Type 4 back on the pc. Sounds much better now, that 10 awg is better suited for subs I think. Those frequencies seemed to go through to the speakers much easier than the HF did!

8 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I got my AQ cables back last week and put the Type 4 back on the pc. Sounds much better now, that 10 awg is better suited for subs I think. Those frequencies seemed to go through to the speakers much easier than the HF did!

the ohmic resistance is lower with these cables, that´s why it´s more dynamic

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Seems like the 10 g would have less resistance. I'm thinking there is something to the solid copper wiring of the AQ? It's equivalent to about 15 gauge and yes more dynamic is what I'm hearing now!

electric conductivity of various substances

Silver: 62 - 106 S/m (highest electrical conductivity of all metals).
    Copper: 58 - 106 S/m.
    Gold: 45.2 - 106 S/m.
    Aluminum: 37.7 - 106 S/m.
    Brass: 15.5 - 106 S/m.
    Iron: 9.93 - 106 S/m.
    Chrome: 7.74 - 106 S/m.
    Stainless steel (1.4301): 1.36 - 106 S/m.

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The above are balanced, dynamic, translucent... any good superlative fits with their utter lack of embellishment of what is put through them!

I don´t have any doubts if you have a much better audio performance due to changing the cables , but never ever discuss this matter with a physist 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I don´t have any doubts if you have a much better audio performance due to changing the cables , but never ever discuss this matter with a physist 😂

I can see the torch light and silhouettes of pitchforks in the distance..  vultures I tell you, vultures.

• Haha 4

• 3 months later...

First time that I integrate two new GoldNote M 9 Class D Mono Amplifiers with Hypex UCD 180 Modules into my gear

These doesn´t suck on the switchmode power supply also available from Hypex but on a classic linear power supply. So the Italians are serious about the current and in the control of the UCD 180 . They use instead of the usual op-amps a combination of two individual transistors that transmit the signals to the power stage with 200W/ 8Ohm .

2070388874_GoldNoteM9.thumb.jpg.985d3828af99d929335c816f3679f2be.jpg

• Like 1