RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "

MicroMara

4 hours ago, No.4 said:

@MicroMara your cables look very nice! Where do you source your expandable sleeving?

t is a German company and is called ViaBlue. It is a subsidiary of the "Summer Cables". These are worldwide equipment suppliers for studio and stage technology acoustics

https://viablue.de/de/index.php

😎

MicroMara

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Phase 2 was room acoustics.  What was done there?

In phase 2 of the project, the original insulation material was exchanged for one of the insulation materials currently available, which binds air and structure-borne noise. As a result, the crossover built into the rear of the housing is less of a structure-borne noise than the mid-low woofer. The chassis have more interior volume, the damping factor of the new material has made the inner housing "dust". I would almost like to describe the positive acoustic effects as "dramatic".

MicroMara

Dämmung 1.jpg

Dämmung 3.jpg

Dämmung Innen 1.jpg

Dämmung Innen 3.jpg

I thank you very much for your appreciation for the cables. I get the raw material from one of the leading manufacturers of industrial cables. The specialty of the loudspeaker cables and jumpers is that they all have a copper cable cross section of 12mm2 per phase, including the jumpers. Therefore my MK II is fired with a total of 4 x 12mm2 = 48 mm2. These speaker cables have no inherent sound but only transpose "energy" due to their cross-sections

😎

MicroMara

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, glens said:

While the cables look really nice, and I'm sure they also conduct electricity at least as well as needed, I'm still stuck on the use of the contact product on the drivers and crossover.  How so and why?  And what was the result, specifically?

The "Contact Enhancer" linked by me is used as follows. As a stopper on the bottle there is a small swab in the liquid line at the end of the stopper. All Cichkabel / XLR cables are wetted on the plugs and sockets, both inside and outside. The same is done with his electronics ... on all Chinch / XLR / Digital / KoAx / Terminla pole terminals on the speaker, the contacts of the speaker cables, i.e. bananas, spades, angled banana plugs, etc. Also the cold device sockets to network players, CDP / AMP / Phono / so everywhere. Then reassemble the system  😂

I do not give a sound rating, nor a guarantee that everyone will hear / perceive in his chain ... so I would like to know if someone of you tried it out, what happens there or not .....

16 hours ago, glens said:

That's what I thought you'd said.  The coils could be painted or have anything non-magnetic smeared all over them and function the same.  You are aware of this?

The coils were matt after 4 years, at least on the surface. However, current only flows on the surfaces of a coil. You would have to measure how and whether the current flow from an untreated to a treated coil changes. However, my focus is now to deal intensively with the new external crossover for the Rf7 MK II. The new, wider and deeper housings are already in the works, I think they will be completed in a good 14 days.

• Like 1

My cables for loudspeakers are not only made for classic stereo as 12 x 12 mm2 single> single wire, but also as single> bi wire versions of 2 x 12 mm2> 4 x 6mm2 . So I can also go with my cables over long distances up to 20 m, with almost lossless transmission. therefore my cables are also ideal for use with 5.1 > 13.2 surround systems . 

Regards MicroMara 😎

Uwe 4 kleiner.jpg

Lapp2kleiner.jpg

Lapp Flo 3.jpg

Uwe 5 kleiner.jpg

Olsen1kleiner.jpg

Olsen2kleiner.jpg

Olsen3kleiner.jpg

• Like 2

One last piece of information about the Contact Enhancer

Before: Is between the two contact surfaces Dirt and oxide layer embedded, there is only a few direct contact points......

After : The contact agent has removed the dirt and the missing parts with atoms refilled. Over the whole contact area is now a positive connection is established. The improvement in contact quality is considerable.

before.gif

after.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

The coils were matt after 4 years, at least on the surface.

On the surface of the enamel insulation affixed to the conductor.

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

However, current only flows on the surfaces of a coil. You would have to measure how and whether the current flow from an untreated to a treated coil changes.

Only on the surface at frequencies much higher than direct audio.  If you have altered in any way the way current flows in that single wire wound into a coil I can practically guaranty you've altered the value of the inductor.  In each case.

I'll let you continue with your further wire / house-wiring-as-networking developments unhindered...

• Like 1

Once again a really very last statement regarding "Contact Enhancement"......

Conditioning the contact surfaces with "CT" minimizes the contact resistance on all types of connectors (XLR / RCA / loudspeaker / digital etc.). The result - your hi-fi / high-end system plays to the point - precise, open, with a stage. "CT" achieves a significantly higher performance. And this with every system. Mostly, hi-fi and high-end combinations transmit signals less than 0.000001 volts. So incredibly small signals. A good MC phonotone cell e.g. produces maximum 0.4 mV. Assuming a dynamic range of 60dB, the smallest signal is less than 1 trillionth of a volt. Even with normal XLR or RCA connections, the smallest signal components are in the pico-volt range, i.e. at 10-12 or 0,000,000,000,001 volts.

The decisive factor in the transmission of LF signals is that it is the last percent that really interests us. Because this last percent contains the sonically interesting details such as spatiality, fine coloring, fine dynamics. If these details are not transmitted, we will hear music. What touches, goosebumps, airiness, sense of space, grip is not felt.

Best regards MicroMara

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 5:11 AM, billybob said:

FYEO...

I am from Germany and unfortunately I am not familiar with these types of abbreviations. If "FYEO" means something good, I would like to know, even if it should be something bad or even very bad that relates to me, I would like to If you have felt harassed by me in any way, I hereby apologize.

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

I am from Germany and unfortunately I am not familiar with these types of abbreviations. If "FYEO" means something good, I would like to know, even if it should be something bad or even very bad that relates to me, I would like to If you have felt harassed by me in any way, I hereby apologize.

Forgot for a minute you are not in Great Britain. Just a title of a OO7

Film...book, for your eyes only.

Nothing derogatory intended, I can assure you. A bit frivolous at times, maybe. Nothing to apologise for. On the contrary, still rather enjoying the progress of your presentation here. Thanks for asking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MicroMara said:

If you are around here long, you will find Billybob one of the most cordial folks here on the forum.

Question on all the pictures of your cables, they look very nice.  Are you looking to do sales?

9 hours ago, billybob said:

Forgot for a minute you are not in Great Britain. Just a title of a OO7

Film...book, for your eyes only.

Nothing derogatory intended, I can assure you. A bit frivolous at times, maybe. Nothing to apologise for. On the contrary, still rather enjoying the progress of your presentation here. Thanks for asking.

That was Sheena Easton, wonderful theme song. Now I understand, thank you very much. My pleasure 😃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pzannucci said:

If you are around here long, you will find Billybob one of the most cordial folks here on the forum.

Question on all the pictures of your cables, they look very nice.  Are you looking to do sales?

If I can do this ..... very much! please contact me via the message portal here to talk about details.....🙂

Edited by MicroMara

• MicroMara changed the title to RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "