RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "

MicroMara

On 1/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, MicroMara said:

In phase 2 of the project, the original insulation material was exchanged for one of the insulation materials currently available, which binds air and structure-borne noise. As a result, the crossover built into the rear of the housing is less of a structure-borne noise than the mid-low woofer. The chassis have more interior volume, the damping factor of the new material has made the inner housing "dust". I would almost like to describe the positive acoustic effects as "dramatic".

If I'm reading this correctly you're referring to the material that's damping the inside of the speakers.  I was wondering what you did to the ROOM acoustics you referred to in step 2.  That can have a very profound difference in what you ultimately hear.  Much more so that the material that you put in the cabinet.

55 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If I'm reading this correctly you're referring to the material that's damping the inside of the speakers.  I was wondering what you did to the ROOM acoustics you referred to in step 2.  That can have a very profound difference in what you ultimately hear.  Much more so that the material that you put in the cabinet.

It's probably a matter of mutual understanding, my English probably doesn't always hit the nail on the head. The room acoustics were never changed, when I had the house remodeled, the drywall builders did a clean job for room acoustics, I have reverberation times of only 0.2 seconds, which corresponds to studio quality. Nei you understood correctly, by dramatic I meant the result of the new insulation material, the housing is now dust-dry, there is no airborne sound or structure-borne noise in the MK II housing. The basses are drier, faster, more precise in the illustration.

The middle of the bass snaps into your face, the entire bass area plays more relaxed, harder, more merciless, the kickbass is extremely clean, the subbass rolls resonance-free through the music room, and the horn body is additionally damped do his job in peace. Never before has modification level 2 played so precisely across the entire frequency range. I couldn't believe it myself

I forgot two other important aspects of phase 2 moddy. On the one hand, the air mass flow is now directly on the two reflex ports, there is no more air turbulence. On the other hand, the rear wall is now massively better damped, even on the left and right next to the bass reflex ports I have integrated snnake stripes and the crossover installed on the rear is massively decoupled. It is no longer subject to vibrations, so it can now process the impulses very cleanly.

The picture shows the irritation of a coil by structure-borne noise

Best regards Micromara

Kern-Flachbandspulekleiner.jpg

Edited by MicroMara
additional information

The housings for the external crossover of the RF7 MK II are under construction and will be better than the two previously built prototypes that I have already presented here.

The side panels are only assembled when the components have been integrated and the manual wiring has been completed.They have to be glazed twice more tomorrow.

Gehäuse Neu1kleiner.jpg

GehäuseNeu2kleiner.jpg

GehäuseNeu3kleiner.jpg

GehäuseNeu4kleiner.jpg

I will now report a little about the components I have selected for the crossover

1.Superior Cups

Warm sound image Excellent reproduction of all acoustic instruments, clear as a violin. A little brighter than a Mundorf M-Cap silver / gold, which probably explains the good spatial information and the separation. A super audio cap with neutral sound

2. Waxcoils 

Reels impregnated with natural wax have a more precise high-frequency reproduction and a full fundamental with increased detail, compared to normal reels and in the entire frequency range. In the bass range, the wax coils are in a class of their own. Full deep bass and full dynamic range, clean and clear sound.

With their warm appearance, wax coils are, in my opinion, better than silver or silver-gold coils, which despite their merciless attention to detail look a bit cold.

3. Silver-Mica are probably the best bypass capacitors. The sound pattern influence looks like this. The contours appear sharper and at the same time the last bit of hardness disappears. Everything sounds more harmonious. A must for every high and mid-range crossover. They are fom Germany .

4. The High End resistors from Germany

The exceptional resistance non-magnetic - induction-free.Precision technology Resistance wire made of non-magnetic special alloy. Conductive ceramic core, flame-retardant silicone sheathing. Completely induction-free thanks to Ayrton-Perry Winding.  The resistance wire consists of two wires connected in parallel in the opposite direction of rotation. The residual inductance is therefore only made up of the connecting wires. 

I think I will finish the crossover by the end of January......

.......and then I'll apply to Klipsch. They then set up a new product refinement department, such as the cooperation between Sony from Japan and Mr. Swoboda from Germany, which at the time was original Sony products with a modification license. So he was allowed to act as an official partner of Sony ......

🤠

Best regards MicroMara

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

The picture shows the irritation of a coil by structure-borne noise

The picture shows what, exactly?  is the inductance changing that dramatically or what does that graph represent?

If you haven't guessed yet I take people to task for wild claims.  I've really been biting my lip hard so far...

• Like 1

Good morning gentlemen

The picture above (above) shows the vibration curve of a round wire coil when it is exposed to structure-borne noise inside the loudspeaker housing. The lower graph, however, shows the vibration curve of a ribbon reel in the same loudspeaker under the same conditions. That's all .

@ Glens  Please don't bite your lips, I know that a lot of things are confused with what I do like. But please believe me, would I go this long way from Germany to America to teach you? Certainly not, I am 58 years old and still have a long way to go. I am happy to receive your advice and / or instructions.

Best regards MicroMara

7 hours ago, Randyh said:

this is not the first time that we hear of external crossovers ,  Bob Crites had a fellow from ITALY build  a   Cornscala with an exterior crossover , that was placed  in a metal box  at the rear of the cab -

image.png.ad8b7a44ff3494b2d395fc919ffe39be.png

I thought about such a solution first, but didn't want to make the MK II a camel. Certainly, in terms of further contact resistances such as additional pole terminals for the speaker cables, the better solution. However, I only use the highest quality OFC copper pole terminals with a double 24-carat real gold coating and will keep the contact resistance at the lowest possible level.

Regards  MicroMara

I don't want to provoke or polarize with my thread. I am also far from wanting to teach anyone. Everything I do, the Moddys on the RF 7 MK II, the development and manufacture of power and loudspeaker cables, I passionately turn into a hobby. The RF 7 MK II potential analysis is an experiment. As soon as this is complete, I started with a series of measurements that demonstrate the acoustics of the modified RF 7 MK II. However, this will still take a while.

🤠

9 hours ago, glens said:

Re: coil vibration, round wire will behave acceptably so long as it's wound sufficiently tight and accurately, I'm sure.

There I show a measurement that is required by everyone and then this is questioned again. Nevertheless, the crossover board construction must remain stable enough if the structure-borne noise constantly acts on the boards. Ultimately, all currents flow over the circuit boards.

🤠

Best regards MicroMara

And if I tell you now that I succeeded in replacing the 12 volt power supply on my Vodafone Gigacube LTE 4 G receiver, with a linear 230 volt power supply, I have achieved a quieter and more beautifully resolving sound when streaming with my stand alone networkplayer, then I guess soon no one wants to communicate with this "crazy German" anymore....😊

The linear 230 volt power supply provides a linear constant 12 volt supply for the Vodafone 4G LTE  modem / router....

Best regards MicroMara

Zerozone1kleiner.jpg

Zerozone2kleiner.jpg

Zerozone3kleiner.jpg

Edited by MicroMara

I just wanted to tell you that when I use this emoji, 🤠  I am very happy to communicate with you.You could also interpret this negatively, but that is by no means the case.

I've been to the States several times and love your beautiful continent. I know NY, Vegas, LA, Frisco, Orlando, Chicago, New Orleans, every time I came back to Germany I thought Germany was a small village...

Best regards MicroMara

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, glens said:

You've got plenty of good company over here in the States!

Maybe we ought to hold a contest to see who gets the crown...

My RF 7 MK II queen is already wearing her crown, who could become her king? Definitely not the successor of the MK II, I already had it in my music room to listen to. My Queen can only be refined with her Phase 6 Moddy, hopefully the many diamonds will not be too heavy for her. Not that it collapses under the weight of the sound diamonds.  I find it really exciting here ... with all of you ...... too bad I'm so far away .......

• MicroMara changed the title to RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "