RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "

MicroMara

The housings for the external crossovers are ready so far, the side parts are only attached after completion of the inlay installation.Next week I'll start installing the high-end components, but I have a lot of other construction sites on the MK II before I can connect the external crossover. I'll go into that later. It is just 10.20 pm local time.

GehäuseNeu6kleiner.jpg

GehäuseNeu7kleiner.jpg

GehäuseNeu5kleiner.jpg

The RF 7 MK II gets these new terminals to which the external crossover are connected.The new terminal is installed with a walnut wood panel over the cutout of the original crossover.The loudspeaker terminals are made of surface-treated aluminum and impress with their comparably high material thickness of 10 mm. This high material thickness prevents Vibrations and optimally seals the weak point of the loudspeaker housing at the rear opening for connecting loudspeaker cables in order to create a stable pressure build-up of the acoustic vibrations to enable. Thanks to the silicone pad on the back of the terminal board, even the finest bumps at the connection point between Terminal and speakers housing completely sealed.

The right picture shows a test setup on the original RF 7 MK II terminal, a couple of weeks ago. 

The 12 mm2 single wire speaker cables are then coupled to the horns using my 12 mm2 jumper. I attach great importance to the fact that the horns and the mid-bass woofers receive a separate power supply.

Regards MicroMara

BI-Wire-Terminal-ViaBlue-M-TERMINAL-4-00_600x600.jpg

Lapp Bridge 12 mm2 Bild 6.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, glens said:

Vibration of the terminals?  Really any sort of problem?  And airtight sealing on a bass-reflex cabinet?  Way overkill.  But it's your time and money, I guess.

Hi Glens ,

With a sound pressure of 106 dB that I can hear with my RF 7 MK II in my music room and shake the foundations of my house and shoot the basses without resonance like a battle with laser cannons at Starwars, you have to touch the rear terminal, that vibrates completely. Now that the new insulation material has been revised, it has become much less.

Not everything is measurable, can be represented in graphs. I have been infected with the HiFi virus for over 40 years. For the past few years I have been working as a sales marketing manager professionally in acoustics at a production studio. We produce commercial music, radio spots, jingles, SFX, etc. I believe that I have a little fundamental knowledge about audio technology and also a trained hearing ability. So my measuring instruments are my ears. I would never ever publicly communicate anything that, from a subjective point of view, I would not be absolutely convinced of.

🤠 MicroMara

• Like 1

I wanted to add briefly that of course I sometimes only had the urge to kick my RF 7 MK II, which had been modified from phase 1 to 5, to 106 dB room sound pressure. Even at less than 60 dB, it provides a wonderful, wide and deeply staggered stage in the entire frequency spectrum in the room. Actually, you should all be happy that a German audio enthusiast chose your American Klipsch product and honors and loves it instead of choosing a German, English or Danish product. The fact that I am now able to experience it at an acoustically cultivated level that I consider possible is a real honor for the RF7 MK II. For me, it is and remains one the best worldwide affordable floorstanding speaker that you (Klipsch) has ever built have.

🤠 Regards MicroMara

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 2:33 PM, MicroMara said:

The coils were matt after 4 years, at least on the surface. However, current only flows on the surfaces of a coil. You would have to measure how and whether the current flow from an untreated to a treated coil changes.

How can you try to enhance the contact, when there is no contact at all?

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Actually, you should all be happy that a German audio enthusiast chose your American Klipsch product and honors and loves it instead of choosing a German, English or Danish product. 

🤠 Regards MicroMara

Huh?

2 hours ago, capo72 said:

Huh?

Quite simply .. I like American products, once had a Chevorolet PT Cruiser, my aunt still drives a Chevorolet Camaro, I have a Grado SR 325 e headphones, Soundsmith pickups and also several Grado pickups.

2 hours ago, BillCraig said:

How can you try to enhance the contact, when there is no contact at all?

I should have called this thread NASA CONTACT ENHANCEMENT and not as named. I wrote everything about the Contact Fluidum, please turn back in this thread, if that's nonsense for you, okay, I will gladly accept it. But a really well-coated copper coil looks different. For this reason, I use waxed OFC ribbon coils this time.

Best regards MicroMara

220px-Kupferlackdraht_rolle.jpg

Wachsspulen24.01kleiner.jpg

• Like 1

The new experimental setup with the larger housings of the external switches.The individual components now have real space, no more induction fears, even the coils are set on polyamide bases. This is exactly what I imagined.Now it is getting exciting........

Regards MicroMara

NeueWeiche24.01-1kleiner.jpg

NeueWeiche24.01-3kleiner.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

I [...] once had a Chevorolet PT Cruiser...

Just pickin' nits, but I believe the PT Cruiser (I called it PT Barnum for the longest time, but the looks grew on me over the years) was a Chrysler product.

You should search the forums for posts by Jeff Medwin.  You two should get along famously!

• MicroMara changed the title to RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "