RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "

MicroMara

The coils on the stock PCB are measured while on the board. IOWs, the mutual inductance is factored in. When you move them apart, oh never mind ...

The wound wire is covered with enamel. Hopefully the fancy NASA whatever it is doesn't break it down.

The wax coils are nice, but if you didn't match the DCR, oh never mind ...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Deang said:

The coils on the stock PCB are measured while on the board. IOWs, the mutual inductance is factored in. When you move them apart, oh never mind ...

The wound wire is covered with enamel. Hopefully the fancy NASA whatever it is doesn't break it down.

What do you mean with DCR ?

Best regards MicroMara

58 minutes ago, Deang said:

Keep the secrets...This is the way.

• Like 1

My technical american english is really not so good that I always understand you straight away. This can easily lead to misunderstandings. Please excuse this.

And as far as contact enhancement is concerned, whether the application on the crossover makes sense, I don't really know, but it was on the copper coils of the diaphragm and copper braid strands of the mid-bass woofer, as well as all OFC copper flat plugs and copper braid for the horn and the flat plugs in the crossover connections really useful.

Regrads MicroMara

• Like 1

I have been a member of the Klipsch community for 1 week and you are great. Not always and not all, but neither do I. Isn't it that ... the difference between boys and men is the price of their toys and I just want to play ....... again so late 00:05 a.m. local time. Since a week, I no longer get to hear my own system   😂

Regards MicroMara

One last hint for today regarding the experimental setup of the external crossover, the pictures that I posted today. All components are not yet fixed, they are only loosely placed in the housing, so I can pull everything further apart and also separate the resistors. Thank you ...

14 hours ago, Deang said:

No I’m not. I just build the stupid things. 

Dear DeanG. that's really not true. You are doing a great job. I've been following this for years. You are a teacher of good sound and enjoy a high reputation in the community. Just because there is a crazy German (I mean) who is doing such a crazy sound potential analysis on the RF 7 MK II, does not diminish your work and recognition in any way. I will never achieve your status and recognition.

Sincerely MicroMara

• Thanks 1

• MicroMara changed the title to RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "