RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "

MicroMara

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

If your work sounds as good as it looks......

:smile:

Thank you very much ......

unfortunately the MK II cannot play without a crossover, it will take about 1 week. Then I will know if I will be rewarded by my queen for this innovation, the time and financial expense of mine. I think I am currently building the most beautiful and best sounding RF 7 MK II in the world. A prototype and unicat. If there is someone else, e.g. there is a similar project in America that I would like to get to know. I don't know anyone yet, neither in Germany nor in Europe. 😇

Best regards MicroMara

• Like 1

Hi Guys...... I had to schedule my project. Before I could finish the external crossover, I had to have all the cable sets, i.e. 8 x 12 mm2, each 52 inches long. My speaker cables are all DIY. It makes no sense to finish the external crossover first and then start with the cable layer. This naturally delays the work on the external crossover by 1 week. I only work on them if I have enough concentration in the evening, I'm in a bad mood, then I prefer not to do anything. Quality and perfection are my top priority. In Germany we say .... Good things take time. Here you can see how I make my speaker cables.  See you soon   😎

Best regards   MicroMara

LQV 12 mm2 Georg8kleiner.jpg

LQV 12 mm2 Georg6kleiner.jpg

LQV 12 mm2 Georg7kleiner.jpg

LQV 12 mm2 Georgkleiner.jpg

LQV 12 mm2 Georg4kleiner.jpg

LQV 12 mm2 Georg5kleiner.jpg

LQV 12 mm2 Georg2kleiner.jpg

LQV 12 mm2 Georg3kleiner.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Looks like low resistivity to me! And the wrap has colors like some kind of a snake.

You hit the nail on the head...Current flow optimization wherever possible.....

The wrap is from the movie ... the rattlesnake and is called Snake Plissken....you´ll know what I mean ...😉

Best regards MicroMara

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, glens said:

Do those connectors have an internal wedge that expands them once they're inserted?

Yes, the screw head has a mandrel that spreads apart when screwed into the pole terminal. This guarantees maximum contact area and contact stability.

These connectors are a low-mass principle with OFC copper signal conductors. To protect against oxidation, it is directly gold-plated without nickel. This maintains its high conductivity and is free from magnetic interference. The contact pin is shaped in such a way that its three segments 'bulge' by screwing in the spindle and it can be firmly clamped in each pole terminal. The resulting constant high contact pressure guarantees consistently low contact resistance.

Thanking you very much for your kind attention Mr. Glens......

Best regards MicroMara

WBT 0610kleiner.jpg

WBT-0610Cu_01.jpg

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

In the Roman Empire we said "Rome was not built in a day":)

And in America a very wise man said " it won't make a dimes worth of difference":unsure:

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

In the Roman Empire we said "Rome was not built in a day":)

And in America a very wise man said " it won't make a dimes worth of difference":unsure:

You're really right there  😉

7 hours ago, MicroMara said:

You hit the nail on the head...Current flow optimization wherever possible.....

The wrap is from the movie ... the rattlesnake and is called Snake Plissken....you´ll know what I mean ...😉

Best regards MicroMara

"Escape From NY"😂

Fantastic name and those colors do look organic and very nice!

• Thanks 1

just a quick update. I'm about to finish my project with the external crossover for my RF7 MK II Queen. I  have already carried out a first test setup. I have to make some internal crossover wireing changes before the whole concept can be completed. You will find out more details in two or three days.This is a picture of the first test setup, the crossovers are located on the left under the tape machine and on the right under the turntable.Further details coming a.s.a.p.

Best regards MicroMara

Little Red cathedral7kleiner.jpg

• Like 3

The small wiring errors I caused on the new external crossover itself have been eliminated. It went faster than I thought because I had support from a good friend who had helped me to fix it today. It was done in two hours and the external crossovers are now working propNow you see the first pictures of the new crossover. A conventional crossover has a circuit board on which the resistors, coils and capacitors are installed. With a freehand wired crossover, the components are usually attached to a base plate and connected to the inputs / outputs a conventional cable wiring to the speakers.

My crossover is, let's call it "negative replica" of a switch, the solution is another. All components are installed in a housing on the base plate. There are 4 OFC copper power lines above the components. These are directly connected to the inputs / outputsAll coils, resistors and capacitors are directly connected to these "live cables". This is the shortest and most direct way imaginable. It works like a "power substation". On the ground, the customers are in the air hanging the lines. The potential of all components is thus fully exploited.. All coils, resistors and capacitors are directly connected to these "live cables". This is the shortest and most direct way imaginable. It works like a "power substation". On the ground, the customers are in the air hanging the lines. That is my basic idea for the development of the new crossover. Therefore the large housing. The potential of all components is thus fully exploited.At least that is my opinion........

Weiche9kleiner.jpg

Weiche5kleiner.jpg

Weiche11kleiner.jpg

Weiche1kleiner.jpg

Weiche2kleiner.jpg

• Like 2

• MicroMara changed the title to RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "