RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "

MicroMara

.. and this is how it looks in my music room, it has the name "Little red cathedral" now connected with my RF7 MK II Queen.

For over two hours now my queen has been controlled by these nine external crossovers. The impulse speed, the jump response of the chassis, the "timely" and plasticity and depth gradation of the stage, voices, instruments, location, dynamics, fine resolution, coarse dynamics, fine dynamics, precision, spatial resolution, from the brilliance of the high tone to the depth gradation of the bass has improved so much that I am currently missing more words. I still cannot grasp and understand all of this. These are RF 7 MK II against which an MK III, I had it here in my music room for listening, did not have the slightest chance. At least that's my personal assessment. And the entire system has just been born and will continue to develop. I am looking forward to what will come next.

Now I have to enjoy "Kingfish & Buddy Guy's" - FRESHOUT- See you later

MicroMara

grafik.png.00b54bf9ef99df90c3385f36b2581d84.png

grafik.png.7554934260f4455d30c5ea75b4051a62.png

grafik.png.3ef7922b948c9d9496b2812803a29075.png

grafik.png.5d0353df863bfa1d7d1e780a410eca82.png

LRC12jpg.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Bright & clean looking listening area with that fascinating stereo rig front and center.

With the ten point bucks above looking on... mine are in the yard although it's just been the does and young ones the past week.

Too bad Paul. W. Klipsch can no longer see it. I think he would say, like Mr. Spok from the TV series "Spaceship Enterprise" .... fascinating ......german engineering ;)

Best regards MicroMara

9 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Wow! Lots of descriptive words. Any before and after O scope test results? 

Glad you think it's soooooo much better. Maybe Klipsch needs your help?

The measurements and diagrams of the measurements will come. This entire project has now taken a good 14 weeks. I am exhausted, need a little rest for now and actually just want to listen to music at the moment. In about 14 days I will then again deal with the technology and carry out the measurements mentioned above. I just can't anymore ... at least for the moment. Such a project costs a lot of energy. It would be my dream to be invited by Klipsch ...

Best regards MicroMara

16 minutes ago, polizzio said:

You can take anything to an extreme level. No doubt your speakers cables look exquisite, but its serious overkill. PWK advocated ordinary zip wire which some peeps here gasp at. No doubt technology has improved in a big way, but simple physics do not change. My McIntosh amp users manual indicates 16AWG is suitable for 300 watts for a < 50' single run, 8 ohm load. I make up my own using quality 12 AWG and banana plugs, < 15' single run........overkill.

Same with your crossover mods. Taken to an extreme level, and an external passive XO. Hey whatever floats your boat. RF-7s are pretty impressive when they leave the Klipsch factory, what level of improvement do you expect from your crossover extensive mods?

For some it seems to be almost a sickness, an obsession.

If you read my first posting, you will find that I always liked the original Rf 7 MK II, otherwise I had not bought it. When the MK III came onto the German market, I wanted to buy it first. But she didn't blow me away. That's why I preferred to start this project and build my own MK II. I only did that for myself. It was worth every penny. And yes, I value perfection when others overkill, okay, so I can live with that.

Best regards MicroMara

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

If you read my first posting, you will find that I always liked the original Rf 7 MK II, otherwise I had not bought it. When the MK III came onto the German market, I wanted to buy it first. But she didn't blow me away. That's why I preferred to start this project and build my own MK II. I only did that for myself. It was worth every penny. And yes, I value perfection when others overkill, okay, so I can live with that.

Best regards MicroMara

You busted me, I came back a few minutes later and deleted my original post. Sometimes I can be too critical in my comments. No disrespect intended to you.

• Like 1

Gorgeous set-up!  I love those crossover boxes. I love what you've done.

I love listening to music, I really do; I am a fiend for accurate sound reproduction. But I am also a gizmo-gadget loving guy. I don't just want a Timex, I want a hand-built, hand-polished, Swiss-made timepiece that is as beautiful as it is functional. You, my friend, do it good. I get you.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, polizzio said:

You busted me, I came back a few minutes later and deleted my original post. Sometimes I can be too critical in my comments. No disrespect intended to you.

No problem. I am used to being viewed very critically for my passion and obsession. What I do divides into two camps. Approval or rejection.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MechEngVic said:

Gorgeous set-up!  I love those crossover boxes. I love what you've done.

I love listening to music, I really do; I am a fiend for accurate sound reproduction. But I am also a gizmo-gadget loving guy. I don't just want a Timex, I want a hand-built, hand-polished, Swiss-made timepiece that is as beautiful as it is functional. You, my friend, do it good. I get you.

I'm looking forward to it. :emotion-21:

9 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Too bad Paul. W. Klipsch can no longer see it. I think he would say, like Mr. Spok from the TV series "Spaceship Enterprise" .... fascinating ......german engineering ;)

I'm a huge Klipsch fan for decades. I think Paul Klipsch wouldn't be amused. You know the unofficial Klipsch slogan?

Edited by BillCraig

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

What I do divides into two camps. Approval or rejection.

No middle ground?

I like you fine, but in this I categorize you as "over the top."

I like your power distribution yard analogy.  I made a ton of money working in them.  Where's the hollow aluminum tubes?  ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillCraig said:

Why would Klipsch need his help? Anyone can spend thousands of bucks to buy a cross-over that ain't even his own development.

Did you just pop in here with a bad mood? ... facepalm.gif

I did elsewhere last night but it was provoked.

That's not sarcasm, what you've posted is willfully ignorant and rude. It's actually one of the shorter threads here so read from the beginning about this gentleman's experience on different levels that he took the time to share with us.

Chill.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@BillCraig

JC it's unreal around here lately. That magic fluid is a nickname it was given here. When it involves wiring and now apparently Deoxit type chemicals folks like to bash things that they know nothing about. 

I had a shuttle engineer roommate down at the cape and was exposed to some interesting things there at the Space Center and stuff brought home for projects.

There was this 14K gold tape that just mesmerized me. Not in a shiny, flashy, dollar-wise way but it's real purpose. That was heat reflection, and on a 106 degree day it was evident what it could reflect off of the window of the camper.

So lots of things aren't evident to the uninitiated at first. The need to bash someone over something misunderstood is unnatural to intelligent beings and as I've seen on the www also a mental issue.

I have had my coffee already

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MicroMara said:

No problem. I am used to being viewed very critically for my passion and obsession. What I do divides into two camps. Approval or rejection.

There is at least a third group.  I admire your enthusiasm for the hobby while disagreeing with the efficacy of many, if not most, of your “Improvements.”  That disagreement does not compel, or entitle, me to ridicule you.

Most of us here are considered audio outliers by most others who enjoy listening to music.  It’s amusing to see how exorcised some here get because your audio enthusiasm follows different paths than their own.

How would most of the sarcastic critics fare if they were posting on a German language audio forum?  

• Like 4

On 2/17/2020 at 1:24 PM, glens said:

No middle ground?

I like you fine, but in this I categorize you as "over the top."

I like your power distribution yard analogy.  I made a ton of money working in them.  Where's the hollow aluminum tubes?  ;)

Yes, I know "the golden middle" is mostly the right way. Me ? too extreme? I think spontaneously of Youthman, who has produced a new video on youtube with only "50 pairs" of Klipsch boxes that he owns. I only have 2 speakers ! At least something that Youthman doesn´t have.   Good Idea...the hollow alu tubes :wink:

I neglected to welcome you to this forum.  

Please keep sharing your experiences.  Try to ignore those who feel a need to criticize you for holding subjective opinions different from their own.  Disagreement is fuel for a reasonable civil discussion.  Rudeness is unnecessary and unproductive.

• Like 7

• MicroMara changed the title to RF 7 EvoTec " The queen is dead, long live the queen "