Voltage

Jim Mpatsis

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

We ought to clarify that he doesn't mean a Klipschorn 5.1 pack.....  :emotion-14:

Yes may need a step converter.

May want to consult with the seller as he could offer one in package, if he ships out of country...For your electronics...🚨

3 hours ago, Coytee said:

We ought to clarify that he doesn't mean a Klipschorn 5.1 pack.....  :emotion-14:

😁

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Yes may need a step converter.

May want to consult with the seller as he could offer one in package, if he ships out of country...For your electronics...🚨

Two thunders fried my two modems' electronics during the last months, don't want this to happen again to my new Klipsch! 

Edited by Jim Mpatsis

4 minutes ago, Jim Mpatsis said:

😁

Two thunders fried my two modems during the last months, don't want this to happen again to my new Klipsch! 

Yes use a good surge protector...

It should help. If you have cable/satellite outdoor antenna make certain the protector has loop through for those cables.

19 minutes ago, Jim Mpatsis said:

😁

Two thunders fried my two modems' electronics during the last months, don't want this to happen again to my new Klipsch! 

By the way take it that your inside electronics for entertainment are 220 volt also. So, no converter would be needed unless plugging into 120 volt... thanks!

2 minutes ago, billybob said:

By the way take it that your inside electronics for entertainment are 220 volt also. So, no converter would be needed unless plugging into 120 volt... thanks!

Of course, some units are 120/ 220 volt switchable. Always proceed with caution in any case.

That is not enough information to get us to a specification.  Can you tell us more, please? Particularly regarding the subwoofer.

Reviewing the Klipsch website I note that most 5.1 collections are just five (5) speakers to attach to your home theater amplifier / receiver (with one caveat of  the 0.1 subwoofer).  Therefore if that is set up for your mains, things are okay. 

The caveat is the subwoofer 0.1 included in the collections.  The sub contains its own amplifier which is connected to the mains and therefore must be compatible with that higher voltage --- or a step-down transformer is needed (dropping mains 240 volts down to American spec 110-120 mains volts).  

I've looked at the photos of some Klipsch subs and notice that the voltage input from the mains is listed at the back plate as being 110 to 240 volts.  You must check what you have of course.  But that means the power supply for the  internal amplifier in the sub is designed to adjust to the various mains voltage.  All you will need in theory is the correct plug connector to go into your wall outlet.  Some have a wireless transmitter and that must be considered too.  It probably has a "wall wart" transformer.

Please do confirm this with a dealer or whoever is selling you these items.  If there is a failure you'll need someone to address the situation. $$$$

WMcD  

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Rcookson said:

Just got the Klipsch Fives from Amazon.com.  I can confirm that they have a voltage range of 120 - 240 Volts, making them dual voltage.  I live in Europe and listening to them now from Bluetooth turntable, they sound amazing.

Welcome to the Forum!+69869--

I would confirm this with Klipsch, either directly or from the specifications of European delivered products.  My guess—and hope—is that the unit is made to tolerate a voltage range from 120-240; many, if not most, products designed for use in North America and Europe are so designed, to compete in a global market.

This weekend I plugged in the Sony DVD player my son bought while stationed in Germany.  All that was needed was an adapter to allow the power cord to plug into the wall outlet.  Of course, that was a Sony product designed for European 240v, but compatible with North American wimpy 120v.  It might not be the same with a Klipsch product designed primarily for 120v.  I would want to see proof from Klipsch of the compatibly prior to plugging it into a 240v outlet.