Recommended reciever for Klipsch speakers

UnnamedUser

Hi all

I have the following klipsch speakers

2x Front R-28F

2x Back R14S

1x Center R-25C

Currently I have a Denon avr X1300w, but it cannot handle the speakers, or there is something wrong with it. It is especially the center that handles almost all speak when watching movies and it is not smooth at all, sometimes the sounds goes a way.

I like watching movies a bit high.

If the current reciever is not big enough, and that is why I am having problems with the sound, what reciever would you recommend for this setup?

It should be fine unless you have a huge room or are turning the volume up near its limits.

What do you mean by the sound goes away?  Do you lose all sound? 

Have you checked all speaker wires to make sure no wires are touching each other or any metal part of the receiver?  Have you ran the Audyssey setup?  Has it always been doing this?

Ok so the receiver is enough for those speakers that is great.

Well it really does sound like if a wire is loose, but I have checked everything 2 times now. the only problem is that it is a closed cabinet. I might need to take out the receiver and do a test outside the cabinet.

Yes I have used the Audyssy setup, it went fine and I heard the sound from all the speakers.

I usually only notice the sound issue, when the volume is up when watching movies.

How big is the room and what source are you hearing the issue?

Also, I agree, more clarification on “sound goes out”. 

I ask about the source as I have noticed that my speakers make a crackling sound,  aka “breaking up”, when I am listening at higher volume via Xfinity HD.

Same speakers, same settings at same volume, using a 4K Blu-ray Disc on my 4K Blu-ray player, I achieve crystal clear audio at any volume I could ever withstand.

What source are you experiencing the issue, or does it persist across all sources? 

Hi

The room is about 500 sqaure feet (50 square meters).

The best clarification is "crackling sound". 

The source is a Panasonic UB900 and the sound is Dolby Digital or DTS.

I dont have any other sources where I can test on DD or DTS, the TV here is only stereo or Dolby Logic.

I think I need to take out the receiver and attach all wires outside the cabinet it is in, to make sure it is not a wire think. I thought it could be because my receiver couldnt handle the speakers, but it can so that is good.

I will get back to you with an update, when the wires has been 2x checked 🙂

11 hours ago, UnnamedUser said:

Hi

The room is about 500 sqaure feet (50 square meters).

The best clarification is "crackling sound". 

The source is a Panasonic UB900 and the sound is Dolby Digital or DTS.

I dont have any other sources where I can test on DD or DTS, the TV here is only stereo or Dolby Logic.

I think I need to take out the receiver and attach all wires outside the cabinet it is in, to make sure it is not a wire think. I thought it could be because my receiver couldnt handle the speakers, but it can so that is good.

I will get back to you with an update, when the wires has been 2x checked 🙂

The UB900 is a very fine source, so you should have no issues with that.