Hey JimJimbo. Why?

thebes

A little contradictory.  The right of free speech is also constitutional.  The country was founded upon the bedrock of dissent.  It can get complicated, but challenging one's credentials as a patriot crosses a fine line.  My family is full of those who served, some career.  No one questions the patriotism of any of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh kay guys, take a deep breath. Actually I thought he was calling me a 2.2kohms (red/red/red!)

The patriot thing was soley because you can use the resistor code that way, and not any overt political reference at all.

Well I've never been in the military, I have tried to serve my country, first as a protester, then in politics and always as a concerned citizen. These are not mutually exclusive forms of citizenship, as we all know.  So relax, it's all good.

I started this thread cause I was curious about the resistor choice in Jim's new avatar . It also gave me a chance to point out a little online program that has been very useful over the years. The guy who designed it leaves it up solely because of its utility.

Roger, regarding carts I'm a big fan of the Ortofon OM30's and 40's (they changed the names but they are still the same carts) for moving magnet. For  low output moving magnets, which is my preference. I like the Denon 103R. For a bit more money I  really  like the Hana low  output ellitical and better yet, the shabata.

Jim, needless to say, thank you for your service.

} Having read the thread at its height of being offensive, it certainly has me “anxious” for a another trip to Hope when two of the deleted offenders, one, and I quote, a “monkey” and the other a “piss ant” will square off for more name calling. I’m counting the days —

2 minutes ago, richieb said:

} Having read the thread at its height of being offensive, it certainly has me “anxious” for a another trip to Hope when two of the deleted offenders, one, and I quote, a “monkey” and the other a “piss ant” will square off for more name calling. I’m counting the days —

Well, you won't see me there, so have fun.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:33 PM, thebes said:

Why 4.7k ? 

That was my nickname when I served in the US Navy aboard nuclear submarines patrolling off the coast of Vietnam, and then flying in E2-B/C Hawkeyes from an aircraft carrier during the Iran hostage crisis in the Persian Gulf.  Oh, and then flying in EP-3E aircraft during the Bosnian war out of Souda Bay, Crete.

Jim,

I laid down with my Son so he would take a nap and I thought this over. I hate keyboard warriors that type things they wouldn't say to my face, that is cowardly. I decided  I am ashamed of myself for not doing this in person and expressing myself here. For starting crap here, I do apologize... I will not poke at you in the future unless provoked.

Roger

1 hour ago, richieb said:

why did this scene just pop into my head 🙂