Corner horns in small space

dlapointevt

Pretty small.  I had no luck with k-horns in a 16 x 18.5 space but every room is different.  I'd try them with as little investment as possible and see what you've got sound-wise.  Then maybe you'll know if you want to pursue a serious investment in a system built around them.

Looks OK to me side to side. My room is 12 x 12 and I sit 8 feet back, center. not much in room treatments but there is acoustic ceiling, carpet floor and a whole pile of books in shelves on the sides. No not perfect and likely not great but they do sound awesome! Do keep them, adjust them and the room as needed to make the best of what you have and enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to loop back into this after a few weeks of playing around with things.  First of all, many, many thanks to everybody who said to definitely keep these speakers.  It would have been a huge mistake to try to replace them.  I had the Scott amp cleaned up by a local person who works on tube amps, and did the same with the turntable.  In addition, I took the advice of the absorption panels on the ceiling and build some false corners to get the speakers to fit tight, and the results were.... AMAZING.  In fact, it was so enjoyable that I went to a HiFi store and listened to their reference system - NAD amp, the top end Paradigm speakers, very expensive turntable, etc. - and the difference in sound on a few of the same albums (Keith Jarret, Muddy Waters) was honestly barely noticeable to my old ears.  I felt the imaging was comparable...something I never thought I'd even achieve in a small space.  I'm sure it's not optimal - but as one post said, it sounds great to me, which is all that matters.

I'm curious about the class D amp, and giving that a try.  Any more detail in regards to that would be much appreciated (suggestions for the amp / preamp, etc...)

Thanks again for all the great advice from this community!

• Like 1