PEAK LCR45 Multimeter Recalibration

toolz

Greetings all, 5 years ago I purchased a PEAK LCR45 multimeter which was used for a few projects.  The meter has sat unused for a few years, so I replaced the battery and I am getting a recalibration message.  Does anyone use this meter and has this message came up?          

It should be fine. The meter is simply telling you that the recommended Calibration Due Date has now past. If you use it in a regulated environment (or use it to provide services to others for a fee), then it is time to have it professionally calibrated. If not, you should be able to continue to use it as before.

Edited by FMnoise

Even if you required it to be sent in for calibration, you would not need to send it to the manufacturer in the UK for that. Plenty of service calibration companies can handle that in the USA. *And yes, it will cost more (or the same money, $125) to have the calibration check done that you could buy a new meter for!

Edited by FMnoise